✧10

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

I hurry to rush all my shopping bags into my room before my other family members can see what I possibly bought for them. Once I've done that, I take a moment to change into some sweatpants. I might still take a shower later, but I haven't had a proper dinner. I smelt something cooking in the kitchen as I passed, so I'll go see what's happening down there.

"How'd you trip into the outer world go?" My Dad asks me as he stands by the stove. It looks like he's making some sort of pasta. I love pasta. Sliding the island chair out of the way, I sit down and watch him cook.

"It was good. I got lots of shopping done. It's really cold out there." I tell him the details about my day. My Dad asked if Cole enjoyed himself. I think he did. I also told my Dad about Cole's experience. Leaving out the parts when Cole acted like a brat.

I hear my Mom and Mrs. Clarke enter from the front door. They laugh about something while coming closer to the kitchen. I guess they've been shopping all day as well. Though, they don't seem nearly as exhausted as I feel. Probably because they didn't have a Cole to deal with.

"Oh, that smells good, honey!" My Mom exclaims and drops her bags on the kitchen table. It sounds like she bought a bunch of glass. Oh great, she probably bought lots of wine. My parents rarely drink alcohol, but when they do, it sure gets wild around here.

"Look what we bought from Hobby Lobby," My Mom announces to me and my Dad. Oh no. My Mom has a serious Hobby Lobby problem. I watch as she takes several ornaments out of the plastic bag. Mrs. Clarke smiles proudly behind her. She clearly had a part in this. All the ornaments are beautiful, but our tree is already full.

I hear the front door open again. This time, Mr. Clarke comes grunting through it. A large crash sounds and my Mom and Mrs. Clarke don't even flinch. Instead, they look at each other excitedly. What do they have planned? I just want to eat pasta and sleep.

"And that's the new tree we got," Mrs. Clarke says when her husband joins us in the kitchen. I try to keep up with their news. I also try and act like I'm happy that we have another tree, though we don't have room for one. Truthfully, I hope this is a tomorrow activity or one I don't have to participate in.

"Cole!" Mrs. Clarke shouts down the hall. My Mom does the same thing to me. I don't get why she can't just text me or find me for herself. Screaming Bloody Mary throughout the house will give you an adrenaline rush. I can tell she scared Cole because I can hear his feet rapidly moving throughout the house.

"Who died?" Cole breathes heavily when he reaches the kitchen. He just took a shower. His hair drips over his shoulder and his shirt sticks to his skin. Ew, I shouldn't be noticing that.

"You and Lily-Rose are going to decorate the new Christmas tree we just bought. We figured it would be a fun activity for y'all." Our parents ordered us. I rub my face with my hands. I'm so tired. I like decorating Christmas trees, but not when I'm hungry and with Cole.

"I bet you can finish it by the time dinner is ready," My Dad says. This makes me feel a little better. The time might pass quickly if I'm doing something. Slowly I get out of my seat and get them to direct us to where the new tree is being set up.

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

"Do you not understand that two red ornaments can't be placed next to each other?" I complain at Cole's sloppy Christmas decorating tactics.

"I'm just trying to get it done so I can go watch football," He says innocently. I would also like to get it done, but let's at least make it neat so we don't have to do it again.

Cole managed to drag the fake tree and set it up. I got out the extra ornaments and sorted them while he did that. It might not be enough to decorate the whole tree, but I guess that will just be another reason our Mom gets to go back to Hobby Lobby.

"Are you eating the popcorn decoration?" My eyes widen as I see Cole try a piece. His face twists in disgust.

"Taste like plastic," He says while still attempting to chew.

I can't help but facepalm. "That is plastic," I inform him. This absolute child. I'm pretty sure he never graduated elementary school. Actually, I don't think any elementary schoolers would be eating Christmas tree decorations.

"I'm so hungry," Cole whines while still putting the same colored ornaments next to each other. It's like he's trying to get slapped. If I don't our Moms would probably get him. They take decorating seriously, but not enough to do it themselves, I guess.

"We're almost done, it looks like we have the star left. Can you reach the top?" I ask. Cole takes the star and tries to reach the top of the tree but fails. He's six foot and still useless. I offer to go grab him a chair but Cole grabs me instead.

"Get on my shoulders," Cole suggests while kneeling. He also holds out the star like he's proposing. The whole scene makes me freeze. "C'mon, we will get this done a lot faster."

I give in. It takes a few awkward attempts to stabilize myself on him. I'm so high up in the air. I start to freak out and grab Cole's head to try and keep myself from falling over.

"Put the star on the tree, quick! And get your hand off my eyes. I can't see." He says while wobbling. Right as I let him see again, I got the right amount of distance to put the star on. It goes on effortlessly, thankfully. Cole puts me back down and I've never been happier to be on the ground.

☃︎❅✧˖°・::。・::・゚.𖥔 ݁ ˖

10 days into December! Woo woo. Thank you if you've made it this far into the story.

Do you like fake or real trees better?