Chapter 20: Starting Over?

You woke up with the sun shining bright in your face. You slowly sat up and looked around. Where were you? It looked like it was a desert but, why were you in a desert? A small breeze blew. You felt something in your hand move from the breeze. You looked at your hand and found a piece of paper.

You brought the paper towards your face to read it. " Dearest Y/n, I am sorry for leaving you in your condition. I felt it was the only way to protect you. I wish things could have been different but, for all our sakes, it must be this way until this is over. For now, some friends of yours are heading about North-northeast of your current location, towards the Demon Bull Kings Fortress. One of your friends has a red headband and is named MK. You can trust him. When this is over, I promise I'll make it up to you. -a friend "

Your frowned, puzzled. "A friend"? Who could that be? Who's the Demon Bull King? Why don't I remember MK? Which direction is North-northeast? You looked around, made a guess, and started walking. You kept the note close to you as it was the only source you had to find someone you, apparently, knew.

After hours of wandering, you felt like you might pass out. It was just SO FREAKING HOT! However, you pressed forward. You had to find someone first before you could collapse. A low rumble. You felt it. You hear it! You looked around for the source of the rumble.

In the distance, you could barely see a green glow. "He- HEY!" You yelled as loud as you could. You started to run towards the green light, hoping it belonged to someone good. As you approached it a small shadow of something passed by overhead, giving you a small moment of relief from the sun.

You stopped running when it happened, and started to wave your arms in the air. The green glow had grown much larger since you first saw it. If you didn't know any better, you'd say it was head straight towards you... "Oh, no!" You said hoarsely. The green glowing thing was heading towards you! And it was at a fast pace.

You picked up your feet and tried to run out of the way, but ended up tripping and collapsing on the ground. You groaned as the heat of the desert started to beat you. The last thing you saw, before passing out, was the green glow kicking up a cloud of dust around you.

.

.

.

When you woke up, you woke up to something cool and wet on your head. You sighed in relief. Soon, you felt eyes staring at you. You slowly opened your eyes to see whom it could be. You blinked at the face that was staring you down. Whoever it was, had black hair, an orange jacket, and a red headband. Was it MK, as mentioned in your note?

"How are you feeling?" Asked the boy. You stared at him for a moment. He seemed familiar to you but, you couldn't place why. "M- K?" You asked hoarsely, flinching at the sound of your voice. "Hold on. Let me get you some water. GUYS! SHE'S AWAKE!!" MK announced the last bit. You flinched at his, unnecessarily loud, volume.

"Y/n is awake?! Yay!" A girl with black hair and green tips cheered. "Girl, you have no idea how much you scared me!" The appeared beside you and girl spoke. "I was all like- vroom! -racing away from DBKs house! Then I hit a bump and MK was all like- aahh! -and was flying in the air! And I was like- vroom! - and following him. Then I saw you in the desert! Well, Sandy saw you first and pointed you out. But then I tried to stop, and when I stopped I was like- Oh, no! I killed her! - and Sandy was like- no. She'll be fine! Let's not forget her this time! . . . ."

You kinda tuned out the rest of the girls random explanation. As much as it was funny to hear, you were curious as to why she seemed familiar too. Who was she? Who was this "Sandy" she mentioned? Why did what she was talking about seem familiar?

"HEY! Are you even listening?!" The girl suddenly asked. You jumped at her sudden volume change. "Here's some water! Sorry it took me a while. The mini fridge is surprisingly hard to find with all the other stuff we have packed around it!" The boy you assumed was MK interrupted the raven girl.

You took the glass of water, and drank it. It felt so refreshing! And you could feel it help soothe your vocal chords. "So~ We're sorry for leaving you behind! Weren't you with Macaque? Where did he go? And why did he leave you alone in the desert?" The young male adult, MK(?), asked.

You were with someone? Who's Macaque? Why does that name sound familiar? "Wh- who?" You asked quietly. The boy and girl blinked simultaneously, then yelled "WHAT!!?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WHO?' ?!!!?!!!"

"Macaque is your not-yet-official boyfriend!!" The boy explained. "I can imagine that emo monkey crying because of that question. And I don't even know him! Other than through what MK has told me." The girl started to tear up.

You, however, were covering your ears from their outburst, and whimpering quietly. You were scared now. You didn't know what was going on, or what they were talking about, or who was who, or anything! It terrified you. You moved over to the shadiest part of the bed you were on, and curled up in an attempt to hide.

"Um, guys?" A third voice spoke up. "I think you're scaring her." A golden monkey pointed at you as it spoke. Your eyes widened at the sight. You felt fearful tears start to slip. What was going on?! Why did they react like that?! How is that monkey talking?!?!

"Guys, Monkey King is right." A new voice added. A fourth being appeared in your line of sight. It was a male that appeared to be older than the one with the headband. He had glasses on, a scarf, and, it looked like, a robe or jacket of some kind that was half white and half red.

The man sat on the edge of the bed. You shrunk away, worried he might start yelling too. He seemed to notice. So he took a deep breath and started, "I'm Tang. We've met before but, a lot of stuff has happened since then. So, I'm wondering, what do you- " He paused hesitantly. "remember?" He asked.

You closed your eyes to think, then the note popped in your head. You searched around you for it and found it in your pocket. You read the note once more, then handed it to Tang. He carefully grabbed it from you and read it.

"Um. . . Guys?" Tang spoke up. The monkey peeked his head over Tangs shoulder to read the note. The monkey snatched it and reread it. He then, sniffed it?! He let out a low growl. "Macaque!" You heard him mutter.

Tang pulled and pushed everyone behind a curtain, leaving you alone for the moment. "WHAT!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'I THINK SHE-'!" "PIGSY! SHOOSH! YOUR BEING TOO LOUD!!" You heard Tang and another voice yell. You quickly covered your ears, again, and started to tremble. What was going on?!

(1259 words! And sorry for leaving you like this! I hope you enjoy, though! And in case you can't tell; Monkey King is angry because he thinks Macaque is being cruel for fun, MK and Mei are shocked and sad because they yelled at you and scared you, Pigsy is angry because they just fixed the Monkey Kings amnesia -literally just fixed - like, only moments ago- Tang is sad and annoyed because he experienced kinda what Pigsy experienced and he's not sure how to help, and Sandy is just sad that you're suffering. Anyways, enjoy!)