Chapter 16: a Return

It took a few days, but you finally explained yourself and answered his questions. MK then gave you a hug. You flinched. MK let you go, swiftly. "Sorry! Forgot you're hurt." The teen apologized. "It's fine." You replied. "I'll recover, eventually."

"Okay. Are you okay with staying here? The others and I are going to the desert to train." "Let me come!" You stated more than requested. MK stared at you, confused and stunned that you would want to come while still recovering. "Sure~" MK spoke.

Two hours later, everyone was on Sandy's newest vehicle, the giant drone. You were currently answering questions that everyone had while enjoying the food Pigsy made. A giant sandy explosion happened. The air chilled. You glanced at MK, who had his lunch bowl on his face. Everyone bolted to the edge of the drone, except you.

Because of your leg, you couldn't walk on your own, so, you slowly inched towards the door to the inside of the drone. When you finally got inside, the drone tilted dangerously. The drone then took flight, away from the fight. Tang was driving the drone away and his reasoning, "I got a bad feeling about this, Pigsy!"

Once the drone was steady, Mei found you and helped you out to the main deck. The second she helped you sit down, MK and Monkey King collapsed onto the deck. You turned your head away from them. You didn't want to watch the argument part.

When everything calmed, Mei started to patch up the King. "Are you okay Monkey King? You keep sniffling." Mei asked the gold monkey. "Yeah! Just, I think I smell someone who isn't here." The Monkey King explained. You stiffened. It wasn't too hard for you to understand what the gold simian meant. You smelt like Macaque.

You decided to keep your distance from the monkey, while listening to his stories. He explained how he defeated Ne Zha, got the map, and returned to save MK. Then, he started to explain what the map was for and explained the power of the Samadhi Fire. Everyone was listening intently.

You watched as they joked and smiled when- Zeoo-bang! Zeoo-bang! Zeoo-bang! Someone shot at the deck! Everyone dodged the blasts! "Oh, Wukong~!" Macaque voice called. "Macaque?!" MK and you said in unison. MK was shocked to see the dark simian so soon, while you we tearing up at the sight of him.

It was a whole week since you saw him. You missed him dearly. "That's a relief! I thought it was someone important!" Wukong joked. "Always the comedian, huh?" Macaque asked sarcastically. "Hey kiddo! You miss me?" Macaque asked MK. "No!" MK stated.

Pigsy, Mei, and Tang ran inside per MKs order. Macaque then disappeared into a shadow cloud and taunted the two heroes. "So what? Your her puppet now? I mean, makes sense! You did always have a sidekick kind of vibe!" Wukong remarked. Macaque jumped out of the clouds and lunged at Wukong, pinning the hero down.

"You know me. There's a new player in town! I'm just feeling out which is the winning side!" Macaque snarked back. MK jumped to attack! Macaque kicked Wukong away, caught MK, then pinned Wukong down with his shadow clones. "Not smart, bud." Macaque advised.

You couldn't stand it anymore! You had to talk to him! "Macaque!" You called to him. You lifted yourself up and tried to walk to him. Macaque turned his head to your voice. When he saw you, he froze. "Y/n?!" He asked, not believing his eyes. "Macaque!" You called him again. You took a step towards him, stumbled, and started to fall.

You closed your eyes. But you never touched the floor. You opened your eyes and looked straight into beautiful amber eyes. Tears started to fall down your face. "Macaque!" You choked out. "Shh! It's okay! I've got you!" Macaque spoke soothingly. He hugged you tight. You hugged him tighter.

MK and Wukong stood up and stared at the scene. The second Macaque saw you start to fall, the dark simian forgot all about them, releasing them from his restraints, and caught you. The heroes were quite perplexed by this. They've never seen him act like this.

And when they heard him speak those words of comfort to you, it threw them for a loop. Even more so when he hugged you. MK was starting to wonder if this was a side a Macaque he never saw before. While Sun Wukong was piecing together why he smelled Macaque yet couldn't sense his presence.

You suddenly gasped at a sharp pain that erupted from your bruise. Macaque slowly and carefully sat you down. "Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" Macaque asked you. You gently grabbed your bruised side. Macaque caught the motion, and carefully checked it out.

When he saw the bruise, you heard him mutter angrily under his breath, then he looked at you. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him from hurting you!" Macaque whispered, and looked away. "Macaque, I'm just glad to see you again!" You gave the monkey a hug.

Mei ran through the doorway, sword ready to attack, then froze, confused by what she was seeing. The monkey that was attacking earlier, was now crying? MK and Monkey King couldn't see it from their angle, but Mei could. She lowered her weapon.

MK saw Mei's reaction, and decided to walk closer to the two of you. When close enough, he gently tapped your shoulder. You looked up at the boy. Seeing him suddenly reminded you of the episode you were in. You needed to fix it, fast!

"Macaque." You whispered. "Yeah?" "You gotta go." You whispered. "What? Why?" Macaque asked. "We need to beat her and we can't do that if you're with us." You whispered, looking him in the eyes, now. "We also need you to break an engine so we can continue the season." You whispered ever so quietly so only Macaque could hear.

"But what will happen to you?" He asked. "I'll be fine." You gently grazed the side of his face. He leaned into your touch, and looked at you with sad eyes. He leaned closer to your face, holding your hand to his face, then kissed you on the nose. You then kissed him back, a small peck on his lips.

Macaque stared at you shocked, then gave a small smile before standing up to leave you and help fix the series. MK and Mei stood there, jaws agape. MK knew you cared for Macaque but, he didn't think it was like that! Mei also knew you knew Macaque but, this threw her for a loop!

Wukong saw MK and Meis reaction but missed what actually happened. He watched as Macaque walked away but, noticed Macaque glare at him before Macaque suddenly lunged at an engine. The engine blew up! And the drone tilted dangerously.

MK swiftly grabbed you then grabbed Mei. Mei stabbed her sword into the floor to prevent the three of you from falling off and into the ocean below. Wukong swiftly slid to the side to help out but was quite surprised by the conversation you were having with MK and Mei.

(1209 words)