Chapter 12: Truths Revealed

Someone shook your shoulders. You bolted up right. You looked around the room and saw Macaque standing next to the bed, his hand still on your shoulder. "Are you okay?! You were screaming!" Macaque asked. His face showed concern. You stared at him for a moment, then slapped yourself. You yelped at the pain you caused.

Macaque grabbed your hand to prevent you from doing that again. "Why would you do that?!" He asked, bewildered. You realized that it wasn't another dream this time, and hugged him tightly. "Are you okay?" Macaque asked again. "If waking up from a nightmare in a nightmare in a nightmare is okay, then yeah. I'm just peachy!" You mumbled sarcastically.

"Rough night then?" Macaque jokingly asked. You nodded, and nuzzled you face into his scarf. "I assume you don't want to talk about any of it?" Macaque guessed. You nodded, then shook your head. "What's that supposed to mean?" Macaque asked. "I do want to talk about it but not right now. I wanna cuddle with someone to help me sleep better." You mumbled, already half asleep.

"So~ I'm not going to do my show that's in five minutes?" Macaque assumed. You nodded a little. "Okay. I'll let them know. If you'll just give me a sec." Macaque started to move, but stopped when he heard a soft snore. He smiled at your sleeping form. "I'll tell them later." He spoke quietly.

He carefully moved you into his lap, shadowed over to a wall, and sat down, leaning against that wall with you still in his lap. While he sat there, he thought of what could have scared you, or have been the reason for the nightmare. His only idea was a good guess, the "Mayor".

After an hour or two, you finally woke up. "Had a nice nap, Sugarplum?" Macaque asked. You nodded, stretched, and yawned, then froze. "'Sugarplum'?" You asked him. He chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah~ kinda just- thought it was a good nickname?" Macaque explained, almost question like.

You chuckled at him. He rolled his eyes. "So. Are you going to tell me about the nightmares?" He asked. You shook your head. "No. I'd prefer not to relive those." You answered. "Rather, I'm going to tell you the reason for the nightmares." You decided. "You know why you're having nightmares? I'm impressed. Not just anyone can claim that." Macaque commented.

You sat in front of Macaque. You weren't going to back down. Doing this, would help get rid of most of the terror in those dreams. "So... I'm not from here." You started. "I'm from someplace where this place is just a fictional movie series." You explained. "And~ I know how things are going to happen, part of how I knew what happened several weeks ago, and New Years."

"And-" your voice started to waver. Macaque just stared at you, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. "And that's why-" your voice cracked. Were you really this scared? "And that's why seeing the Lady Bone Demons right hand man scared you." Macaque finished for you. "Because if she found out about you..."

"She could win. She'd become unstoppable. She'd 'fulfill her destiny'." You finished Macaques sentence this time. Macaque nodded, now understanding a lot more about you than he thought he wanted to. You explaining this to him now, would make a lot more sense of things to the both of you in the future.

Macaque sighed. "That... is a lot to take in!" He chuckled. "Yeah." You agreed. "I- promise to never tell her. I'll never reveal your secret to anyone! No matter what may happen to me." Macaque stated. You stared at him surprised. Then he grabbed your hands and held them tight in his. "I promise." He stated as he stared into your eyes.

Your breath caught in your throat as you stared back. His eyes were a deep, rich, glistening amber. They were beautiful. You felt like you could stare at his eyes forever. They were so captivating. You had to look away to think straight as you spoke again. "T-t-thank you." You stuttered. Macaque suddenly looked away too. It was almost as if he thought the same of you.

You shook that thought away. Out of every option he has, why would he think that of you? The reason made you frown. "Hey, don't worry about it! I've got your back!" Macaque spoke up. You just smiled. "Though, now I have another question." You looked at the dark simian, curious about his question.

"That night, when you met the "mayor" and I found you asleep on the ground, when I asked you what happened, you didn't answer 'til later. Then you asked a question, I answered. Then I got to ask a question." Macaque slowly lead the conversation. Your face went red in embarrassment and idiocy. You should have known he would bring it up sooner or later, so why not now.

"You said..." "You're cute?" You guessed, hoping it was wrong. He nodded, to your dismay. "U-uh-um." You stuttered. How were you going to get out of this one?

(856 words)