Chapter 11: A Nightmare Within a Nightmare

You jerked awake. The nightmare you had was extremely unnerving! You weren't sure if it was a nightmare, or a warning. You didn't think you could sleep so easily, though, with the possibility of nightmares like that.

You stepped out of bed and walked out of the room. You walked into his dojo. You needed to distract yourself so, why not mess with the weapons a bit. You walked over to the weapon rack and examined the weapons one by one. You were looking for one you could safely mess around with. You decided to go with a simple wood staff.

You spun the stick, lunged with it, even imagined it was a lightsaber! (Star Wars! Gotta love it!) You "struck down" the dummies in the room like a Jedi in battle! Or, so you imagined. "If you wanted to know how to fight," A voice came from the doorway. A feeling of déjà vu went through your mind as you turned to look at the one who spoke.

Macaque was leaning against the door frame. "you could have just asked." Macaque finished. You turned your head away to hide tears that started to form. Seeing him, somehow, reminded you of your nightmare, which you really didn't want to remember. At least, not right now.

"Hey, are you alright? I heard you when you woke up. It sounded like you had a nightmare." Macaque asked you. You nearly jumped at how close he suddenly was. Déjà vu struck again, as the memory flashed the part of the dream where Macaque was only inches away from killing you.

"Y- yeah." You lied. "Nope. Not buying it." Macaque stated. He stepped in front of you. "What happened in your nightmare? And don't say you didn't have one, I know you did. I heard you." Macaque insisted. You looked at him, surprised that he cared that much, then looked down.

"I-" Your voice wavered. Should you tell him? "I saw LBD in my dream, last night, a- and you, and my former friend." You admitted. There. You told him. You told him a little about your nightmare. "What happened in it?" Macaque asked. You frowned. You didn't want to relive that dream but,...

What if this was your opportunity to reveal a little about the future? "I was running down a hall. I was trying to find something, and I heard familiar voices. I followed the voices until I found-" your voice cracked. The scene replayed vividly in your memories. "My family was frozen, and my, used-to-be, friend pointed a weapon at me, a- and..."

You took a deep breath, trying to calm the panic that was rising in your chest, from the memory of the nightmare. "You. Your were half covered in ice but, not like you were frozen. You could control the ice a bit. It was LBDs powers. A-a-and" you started to cry fearfully. Macaque looked at you.

He regretted making you tell him. You looked so scared, and it was just a memory now. "You and they got angry at me. Y-y-you and t-t-t-they tried to kill me!" Hot tears were streaming down your face. You couldn't stop them. "Kid." Macaque tried to comfort but, you weren't done yet.

"When- when- when you were only inches away, the scene changed, and she was there! She- she- she said..." You stopped. The room darkened. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." LBDs voice echoed in your mind. You screamed! And fell into a big, cold, empty void.

You sat up. You were in your bed at your... home? You jumped out of bed and looked out the window. Was it all just a bad dream? You swiftly exited the room, wrapped your self in a bathrobe, and walked down some stairs to the door. You exited your home, and took a small walk. What happened? Was it all just a dream? How are you back here? Weren't you in that series?

Ice abruptly formed next to you! You jumped. You looked at your reflection in the ice. Your reflection slowly morphed into someone else. LBD was staring right at you. "There no point in denying me." The reflection spoke. "I will have perfection!" A blast of cold shot out of the ice straight at you. You gasped in surprise and shock.

(731 words)