Kang Haoyi and Qian Guoyun turned into zombies, which is just adding insult to injury.
  In the distance, behind the tree, two pairs of golden eyes filled with tears watched all this nervously.
  Ji An tightly grasped the tree next to him. He didn't notice that his slender fingers were embedded deeply in it. The roots of the old tree, which were as hard as iron knives and were constantly being cut, were like tofu under his tiny fingers.
  Beside him, Ji Le saw the monster's claws pass by Ji Yanqing's neck several times, and his heart rose in his throat.
  He bit his lower lip. It's good for everyone. Help Ji Yanqing, save Ji Yanqing!
  "Err...ah..." Strange and unclear moans leaked from the throats of Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi. They slowly turned their lowered heads, and their eyes passed through the crowd and landed precisely on Ji Yanqing, who was being attacked. On the body.
  Seeing Ji Yanqing being bullied.
  "Ah!" Kang Haoyi seemed to be crying.
  "Gu!" Qian Guoyun was extremely angry.
  Before Xia Chenshu could shoot, Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi rushed towards Ji Yanqing.
  Xia Chenshu's heart beat like a drum and he fired immediately.
  Just when everyone gasped with their hearts in their throats, Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi pounced on the monster in front of Ji Yanqing. Their strength was so strong that they knocked the monster over. land. °Si°Rabbit°In°Line°Read°Read°
  "Ugh!" Qian Guoyun threw the person down and let out an extremely angry roar in his throat. He scratched and bit like crazy. She was not allowed to bully Ji Yanqing. She is not allowed to kill Ji Yanqing, she goes away!
  The same was true for Kang Haoyi. He kept attacking like crazy, telling her to die, die, die!
  The monster was caught off guard and knocked to the ground. After she reacted, she immediately bit Qian Guoyun, but Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi were no longer human.
  Ji Yanqing was stunned for a moment. This scene was both strange and familiar. It felt as if something unusual was guarding him. The monster had suddenly stopped in front of him before.
  The body acted one step ahead of the brain, and before Ji Yanqing had time to recover from the shock, the ax in his hand was swung down hard.
  "Bang!" The ax struck hard at the previous gap.
  This time, the ax cut through a solid object and sunk deep into the ground.
  Something round rolled and hit a nearby tree.
  When everyone came to their senses, everything was over.

Chapter 18
  "Bang, bang!" Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi, who continued to attack the monster after the two gunshots, also woke everyone up.
  Everyone looked.
  The monster's arms and legs were slender, wizened, weird and twisted. Even though her head had been completely chopped off, everyone still had the illusion that she would stand up staggeringly at any time.
  Qian Guoyun and Kang Haoyi were no longer in danger, but no one present was thankful that just a moment ago they were teammates and still alive.
  Ji Yanqing walked toward the pothole, but Ji An and Ji Le were still there.
  He had just walked a certain distance when a small figure in the darkness rushed over and hugged his leg.
  "Ji An?"
  "Well..." Ji An sobbed and looked up at Ji Yanqing. He thought he would never see Ji Yanqing again.
  "Where's Ji Le?" Ji Yanqing tried to wipe away the tears on Ji An's face. When he stretched out his hands, he remembered that his hands were full of blood. The jaws of both his hands were shattered in the fight with the monster.

  Ji An quickly looked back behind the tree. He took care of Ji Le's. He held Ji Le's hand until they hid behind the tree.
  Ji Yan followed Ji An's line of sight and saw Ji Le lying softly on the ground motionless behind the dark tree.
  Ji Yanqing's heart stopped beating, so he picked up Ji An and hurried forward.
  He came closer and checked Ji Le. Ji Le's face was wet with tears, but there were no wounds on his body.
  "Did you faint from fright?" Xia Chenshu was amused.
  Everyone else was speechless.
  After a brief moment of confusion, everyone slowly came to their senses. Fear, despair, and the joy of surviving the disaster were mixed together. The complex and strong emotions made everyone's hearts ache.
  Coupled with the pain from the wounds on their bodies, everyone's legs became weak and they fell to the ground one after another.
  There was silence in the darkness.
  In the silence, the only sound was the heavy breathing of the crowd.
  "There is some food in the village, and there are also weapons on the second floor." Zhang Guxian said abruptly, his tone unprecedentedly relaxed.
  Being reminded, everyone looked in the direction where he was. What happened to Zhang Guxian and the monster?
  "Bang!"
  Before anyone could ask, a gunshot rang out. Zhang Guxian fell backward slowly, and Xia Chenshu's gun that he had picked up at some point rolled to the ground.
  The moment the gun fell to the ground, Zhang Guxian slowly closed his eyes. In front of him was a familiar face.
  He has no good family background, no special talents, and even his personality is extremely boring. He is the kind of existence that is almost invisible in the crowd.
  Noyun is different from him. As a dancer, she won awards at a young age. She should have had a brilliant life, but fate was unfair to her, and an illness ended everything. She didn't feel depressed and complained all day long. She went to college and started working, and she started over.
  The moment he knew he fell in love with Nuoyun, he gave up completely because he knew he didn't deserve it.
  He persuaded himself to give up, but he still couldn't help paying attention, secretly adding friends through work, and sending holiday greetings through work.
  He thought he was hiding it well, but things got out of hand. He couldn't stop talking about it and made tentative invitations. Three months after they officially dated, he couldn't wait to propose in June of that early summer.
  When they announced the wedding to their colleagues, everyone was surprised. Their expressions seemed to be saying that for such an outstanding person as Noyun, why did they fall in love with an ordinary person?
  Even he was surprised, how could such a beautiful person like Nuoyun fall in love with an ordinary person like him?
  When Nuoyun came out after receiving the certificate, she cried happily. He looked on at a loss and couldn't say a nice word for a long time.
  On the wedding day too, Nuoyun's eyes were always red. He was at a loss and clumsy to coax her for a long time but couldn't get it right.
  He is not good at words, and he doesn't know how to express his love at all.
  He was taking a lunch break on the second floor when the virus broke out. Afterwards, he recalled that he had vaguely heard some noises, but he ignored them because at that time, he was almost tired of happiness and died in his dream.
  When he woke up, the world had changed.
  Nuoyun was wandering in the living room acting strangely, and her parents were also wandering with her.
  He couldn't accept it, so he locked himself on the second floor. He was in pain, anger, and regret. A few days later, when he stood on the top floor and decided to commit suicide, he unexpectedly discovered that Noyun was different from other zombies. There was light in her eyes.
  After that, he went completely crazy.
  He captured Noyun and raised her in the living room. He tried to talk to her. He found out that she had become smarter after eating his parents. After that, he started to catch the zombies in the village and feed them. He did not hesitate after all the zombies in the village were eaten. He took the risk to catch people in the city, and he even brought back batch after batch of living people...
  He thought that his Nuoyun could still come back.
  However, the one who lives in Nuo