Chapter 7

Lex's POV

I exit the room after she leaves, the feeling of guilt weighing me down. I sigh.

She doesn't deserve this.

After changing into gym clothes, I head straight to the gym, in hope of a way to release my emotions, and train at the same time.

With every blow I place on the punching bag, I envision myself staring back helplessly in horror as I slowly destroy myself. I envision myself inflicting pain on myself, filtering out on others and ruining my sanity.

When she's pulled in, she can't escape. This dangerous life will chase after her. If not now, then later.

Maybe she's already pulled in. Maybe there's just no turning back.

Someone walks in the room. I'm too mad to look at them. Beads of sweat start to form and my knuckles bleed. I don't care. I keep punching.

Someone else enters the room, though unusual. I remain persistent with my training: Punching that bag like my life depends on it. I stop however when I smell that sweet, intoxicating scent.

Iris.

_________________________________________________________

Iris' POV

"Iris.", Lex says without even looking at me. It's good to know that he doesn't have to look at me to recognize I'm here.

Or should I be worried?

He turns towards me, scanning the room, which I wonder if it's his usual routine. After observing his surroundings, he looks at me, whilst his father gives him a keen glare.

"Yes.", I reply. He's silent, hiding something behind his back.

"What's that behind your back?", I ask, curious.

"Nothing of your concern", he says sharply.

Noticing his harsh tone, I take that as a hint to swap the subject.

His father just stares. A quiet, but dangerous move. A skillful one indeed. I refuse to let him see me as a pushover.

I catch on quickly and relay the same attitude, "May I take this opportunity to train with you Mister...

"Capróne-", he responds. I take note of the Italian accent.

"You're Italian I presume?", I ask him. His father answers for me.

"None of your business madame", he says coldly, So they are Italian.

"You may train with me", Lex interrupts. "Thank you sir", I say, keeping our tone formal as not to upset his father.

We start the fighting match, and on the first round I get pinned to the ground after a few minutes. "Curiosity kills the cat," Lex whispered discreetly so that I only could hear.

We start another round. This time the roles are reversed and he ends up on the ground, with my foot on his stomach. "Are you really trying to land a blow or are you just faking, because I need as much practice as I can get", I say, expecting him to win easily.

God please help me to be humble.

He grits his teeth and I wonder if I made the right decision. Getting back up, we start another round and it's like he's a completely other person. His focus has shifted and his eyes changed color. He hits me in my stomach and I wince. For 3 seconds, his guard goes down and I take that opportunity to kick him in his shin.

He stumbles, but recovers just as quick as I do. Then, he pushes me roughly to the wall. I know I lost the match already, because I can't do anything but squirm under his tight grip.

He doesn't take the chance to hit me, however. He just stares.

"Okay, fine. You won," I admit to him. He then lets me go, and we start another match. He beats me again, this time with me on the floor, gasping for breath. I quickly recover and put the rest of my strength into the next match, realizing his father is still watching. I manage to beat him and blood shows itself on his arm.

"Last round," Lex said. With a new fighting tactic, and a determined face, Lex managed to beat me again, except this time, it was almost too close for comfort. I left the fight with a painful bruise on my thigh and a scrape on my face.

"Great job.", I say before walking out normally and ignoring my pain.

I see a girl in the hallway however, and something in me instantly is repulsed by her. Why would she be here, in Lex's house? Is that his girlfriend?

God, I'm sorry. I'm so jealous. Please forgive me.

"Hey", she stops me by holding my arm. Still in pain, I escape her grip and walk towards my room, uninterested in what she had to say.

I'm in pain. I don't have time for this. Maybe we can catch up later or something.