Chapter 16: A Question About Their Parents

Lisa returned with two sandwiches and gave one to Jennie, while Rosé came back with two bowls of ramen and gave one to Jisoo. And as they ate, they searched for the next question. And it was fun for them to see the viewers announce that they would eat too because of them, which amused the girls.

Lisa then spotted a question: "So, did your parents ever know, and how did you tell them?" She said the question out loud, and seeing that Jennie was still eating, she decided to answer first: "My parents have always known that I like girls." She said, "I think they noticed that I like girls more than guys." Lisa explained remembering how she had crushes on girls more than boys as a kid: "I remember thinking to myself if there was something wrong with me, and after I learned about sexualities, I felt happy to know about who I am and had the courage to tell my parents, who told me they knew and were happy for me and hugged me after." Lisa finished her explanation with a smile as she remembered that day and how she cried after her parents hugged her and told her they loved her no matter what.

Then Jennie spoke, "I only learned I'm bi when I went to New Zealand, and when I got back to Korea, I was nervous on how to tell her so I hid it for a while." Jennie recalled, "but I guess like Lisa's parents, she noticed that I preferred girls more, but she waited for me to say it, I guess, and I only told her that when I was dating Lisa." Jennie revealed with a small laugh as she remembered, "As you probably don't know, I don't hide things from my mom, and we're always truthful to one another, so it made me feel guilty that I was hiding something from her, so that one time Lisa decided to join me in going to my mom's house, I thought this might be the opportunity," she explained, and Lisa spoke, "As you already know, I usually stay at Jisoo's place when it's the holidays, but there are times I stay at Jennie's" Lisa informed the viewers, who were happy to know.

Jennie nodded and continued, "Ok, so I was saying as I invited Lisa, and that was the first time she met my mom and immediately befriended her, which was great, but I was still nervous." Jennie admitted, "I didn't say it, but I was nervous too because, like, I'm meeting the mother of my girlfriend and wanted to make a good impression." Lisa revealed this, making Jennie chuckle, "Don't worry, Lili, my mom already liked you," she said, as Lisa softly smiled at her. "Anyways, it was night, and you were already asleep while me and my mom were catching up on things, and I got the courage to tell her, and she just smiled at me." Jennie recalls that night: "She told me that she knew that I liked girls but didn't expect that we were dating but told me that she was happy for me, and we hugged after and talked about how we started dating," she said, smiling at the memory as she was happy that her mom accepted her.

Then Lisa spoke: "I remember trying to make an excuse after you kissed me because I didn't realize you told your mom that we're dating," she said, snickering as Jennie remembered and laughed, remembering how Lisa panicked after what she did. "Oh yeah, I remember that," she said, laughing as the other two joined in, "but after you guys explained it to me, I felt relieved and happy, and you know why?" she asked Jennie, who was curious to hear what Lisa would say. "It's because I got to tell your mom how much I love her daughter so much," she said as she stared at Jennie, who blushed, and they stared at each other for a while till Jisoo coughed. "Excuse me for interrupting your moment, but we have more questions to answer before we end the insta-live," Jisoo reminded them as they nodded and searched for more.