III. Enemies To Lovers Is Written In The Stars, Apparently

Comenzar desde el principio

Opa grinned.

"What am I supposed to do for the next six hours?"

"You brought a book, no?"

"Look at her," Oma said. "She hasn't read a physical book in years. It's all fanfiction dot net and a-o-three and Wattpad."

"Huh, that was surprisingly all correct."

A voice came over the speakers to announce that first class was boarding.

"Are you sure I can't have my phone?"

"It was very clear instructions," Opa said. He leaned forward, kissing Eva's forehead.

"Have fun," Oma cheered.

Eva offered a smile as she waved goodbye and joined the short line to first class.

~~~

"Welcome to Isla Nublar, campers!" The counselor that greeted the teens off the boat announced. Eva, alongside four other kids stood in front of him—with one boy off to the side puking into the ocean. To her left, a girl with bubblegum pink hair raised her phone and began recording.

She must be the internet star, Eva guessed. The only one allowed to keep her phone, unfortunately for Eva, who had to leave hers back in New York.

The counselor paced the group. "You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness that is Camp Cretaceous. I know, the trip from the mainland was rough on some. Hello Ben," he said, glancing at the green hoodie kid, who shot him a thumbs up before turning back to water.

Eva felt bad for the kid, but he had been standing over the edge of the boat the entire trip overseas, and she simply didn't understand how one kid could have that much to yak up.

"But you made it!" The counselor cheered, facing back to Eva and the rest of the teenagers. "I'm Dave, head counselor—you heard that correctly. Head honcho. Big shot."

The rev of an engine sounded behind them, and the group turned back to see a large jeep park a dozen feet behind them. The jeep was red and white, sporting the Jurassic World logo on the hood and doors. The door opened to reveal a woman who looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties, with her hair tied up and small bangs to frame her face.

"Ah, so sorry I'm late," the woman apologized in a mellow British accent, wearing the same red shirt with the Jurassic World logo, and khaki shorts as Dave. "Welcome, campers," she said as she closed the car door, heading around the kids to Dave's side. "I'm Roxie, head counselor of Camp Cretaceous."

Eva looked to Dave, eyebrows raised. He laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck, and stuttered out a response, "W-w-well, i-it's sort of a co-head counselor s-sort of situation."

"Is it?" Roxie asked in an almost mocking manner.

Dave cleared his throat, holding up his clipboard. "Anyway, some of you won contests to be here, some of you had VIP invites, but for the next two weeks, all of you will be getting the five star treatment!"

"As our first campers, we've lined up exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of Jurassic World," Roxie said. "As well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacle courses, and of course—"

"Dinosaurs?!" The kid in the mustard yellow hoodie shouted. He had warm dark skin, and was about six inches shorter than Eva.

"Yes! ..." Roxie checked her own clipboard. "Darius, plenty of dinosaurs. So, ready for an adventure?"

"Absolutely!" Bubblegum agreed. "But I'm gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really try to lean into the majesty of this place."

Dave chuckled, "Okay, we're going now. Let's get the seven of you to camp."