Fifteen: Danika Reeves

He sat, incredibly patient as I got my nails redone.

Didn't take one look at his phone the entire time.

He didn't speak either, just observed.

If the tech or anyone asked him about his hair or tattoos he barely mumbled a coherent response.

"You alright?" I asked after he paid and we left.

He opened the door for me and I sat, he came in and leaned over, buckling me

He smelt so nice. Clean. Manly.

"I'm fine."

"You don't like people?"

"Nope." He started the car.

"I feel like you have some sort of disorder you refuse to tell me about."

"Because they don't apply to you."

"How does that make sense?" I asked.

His hand moved onto my thigh.

I looked at the neat silver rings he wore.

And the tattoos.

"Ready for this handful?" He asked.

I looked at his face.

"Am an anxious fuck. I hate people, I have antisocial tendencies, I have social anxiety, selective mutism, separation anxiety, and reactive attachment disorder." He gave me a tense smile with absolutely no humor behind it.

"Why doesn't that apply to me?"

"Because I know you. I know your body, I know what you like to hear, I know more than you know yourself. I've made your life, mine. I can't be without you. I hate everyone but you. I know you better than I know myself. But I can't stand other people. They're all annoying and rude. They're all stupid and make absolutely no sense. They lie and are so fake to your face. They leave you when you need them and are the cause of everyone's problems." He shrugged.

"How did you find me?"

His hand dug deeper between my thighs, his fingers underneath my left one.

"You were drawing in your car in front of your job. I came to grab pens since they're cheaper here. I didn't know you worked there until afterward."

"Why me? A lot of people do things in their car."

"You're beautiful. I've never seen someone so attractive while drawing. You were picking at your lips with your teeth and I didn't think much about you until I had gotten home. It was a loss. I felt like I lost you and I only saw you once so I convinced myself I was fine and that didn't matter. Then I found out you worked there, found your name, it went from there."

"Do you actually like me? Or am I just an obsession."

"Of course you're an obsession. But for a mind like mine obsession and love aren't far off. I didn't love you or even care for you at first. But I love my restaurant and I began dreading going just because I couldn't follow you. It pained me you didn't know I existed. Until you did." He smiled gently at the memories as he told me.