"Yes ma'am," he said and took the blood. "Was it her?" he asked and looked over at Ambrosia.

"Yes," Ambrosia answered with a nod. She knew Rowan didn't like her. But he didn't like any werewolves so she wasn't too special.

"We can go visit her now if you want," MJ suggested as she sipped on her milk while sitting on the floor. Fluffy had come up to her and had started to demand cuddles from the witch which MJ gladly provided. "Do you know where she stays? I hope you made sure she is safe since it is a new moon and all that."

"She was picked up last night by an elderly man," Gulterio said. "He seemed like quite the kind fellow," he added when MJ's head piqued up from the table.

"Good," MJ said and leaned her head against Ambrosia's legs. "We need to find her. I'm interested in how she got out of a collar if what you say is true."

"Me too MJ," Bela said in a somber tone. "Me too."

* * *

"Are we sure it's here?" Rowan said as he looked around the street they were on and then back at the small bakery. "This is where the mutt is staying?"

"First," MJ began and whacked him hard in the head, causing him to double over. It was fun to see the girl slightly jump to reach the guy's head. "Second, yes. This is the address Bela gave us and I trust that woman with my 6 younger and 3 older siblings lives. And my own."

Ambrosia stared at the sign while the two argued. "The sweet spot". Definitely didn't seem like the place a bloodthirsty monster would be staying, but then again, Lupita was no bloodthirsty monster. She was just a lost wolf. A lost wolf that had managed to make Ambrosia's life so much more difficult in the past few hours than she had been able to do herself these past years.

"Shall we enter?" MJ asked while walking up and entering the store anyway, even though the sign clearly said closed. Rowan and Ambrosia looked at each other and shrugged. They both knew they couldn't enter. "Hello? Anyone here?!" MJ shouted into the store.

Just as Ambrosia was about to scold her friend from the outside an elderly man walked out from a door in the back.

"May I help you?" he asked in a low voice. He came and stood in the door frame and crossed his arms as he studied them.

"We are looking for Lupita. We know her," MJ said and motioned to the three of them while at the same time motioning for them to stay quiet and let her do the talking. "We also know what happened and wanted to try and figure out how we could help."

The old man studied them for a while, his eyes lingering on Rowan before lingering longer on Ambrosia.

"I can accept you girls coming in, that boy wants to do nothing but harm that girl," he said and jabbed a finger toward Rowan who was scowling back at him.

"I understand that sir," MJ said and turned to her boyfriend. "Let's do as the man says. How about you check out the stores?" Rowan sighed before bending down, kissing her cheek, and disappearing down the street. "I apologize for him sir," MJ said and followed when the man motioned for them to come in. They did and followed him as he led them to a back door.

"I still don't understand why you date him," Ambrosia said as they walked to the door.

"I can fix him. He has a good heart. It's just been severely broken and poisoned over the years," she said and smiled at Ambrosia. "It's something I can't explain. Maybe it's a witch thing." Ambrosia nodded. She didn't fully understand her friend but MJ was smart, if she was unhappy she would leave him. She would do the right thing.

They continued to walk but stopped in their tracks once they entered the back. It was very cozy, with earth colors and a lovely smell and feel to the whole room. There was a kitchen in the back with a door right next to it. In front of that was a lovely dark red couch and the same colored plush chair in front of a coffee table and a TV. But what caught Ambrosia's attention was the girl lying on the sofa, seemingly asleep with a thick blanket pulled over her.