CH 36 | WHO DID THIS TO YOU?

Start from the beginning

Gulping down a lump in your throat, you peered out through the aperture of the door and the door frame.

Discerning a silhouette in the dingy and gloomy walkway of the hallways while the only light entering the room was the moonlight penetrating through the glazed door of the terrace. He was talking to someone on the call as you stepped out of the restroom.

"One work- I gave you one work and you couldn't even do that.... Oh, Shut up! I don't want to hear your excuses." You heard him whisper yelling at someone on the phone call while you took slow steps towards him, "I want my work to be done as soon as possible!" Lee Hyun-Ki gritted his teeth in rage.

"I want her to die like her father." He declared with his muffled voice while your once scrutinized orbs widened at his sentence.

Your heart hammered yet sunk at the same time hearing about your father, knowing he was talking about you.

"If you fail this time, I won't spare you. Finish her in one go like Lee Do-Hyun." Your steps halted hearing your father's name coming out of Hyun-ki's mouth, making your breath hitch.

The warm liquid of water settled over your eye's waterline which started making your vision blurry.

You saw him hanging up on the call as you overbalanced on your feet when you stretched your hand to place your palm on the wall beside yourself.

Hyun-Ki heard the clacking sound of your sudden movement making him turn around in a jiffy. His face came into your view when the moonlight fell over his visage.

A warm tear gushed down your cheeks as you saw the change in his eyes which were filled with rage and awful.

You could see the tint of amusement and uneasiness all over his visage. He sure was not expecting you to be present there, "You... You killed my father?" You asked in your shaky voice.

"You killed him?!" You raised your voice as you took steps toward him while Hyun-Ki stayed silent before an awful smirk approached his face and he let out a chuckle, getting on your nerves.

You gritted your teeth while trying your best to hold your tears back when another one slipped down your cheeks but it didn't make you feel weak.

"You murderer! How dare you, you f*cking bastard?!" You gritted your teeth at him before stretching your hands and clutching the collar of his shirt within your fists. He could see the rage and misery in your damp eyes while your lips were trembling but the anger took the best of you.

Gripping onto the collar of his shirt, you pulled him near to get his eyes locked with your ruddy ones while you couldn't find an ounce of guilt in his eyes, making you vexed.

Stretching his hands onto yours before gripping both of your wrists with his sturdy hands, he forcefully pulled your hands down from his collar.

You could feel his fingers digging into the flesh of your skin but the pain you were feeling in your heart at the moment was more than the pain you were feeling physically.

Trying to get out of his grip, you pulled your hands but everything went in vain, "F*cking Leave me!" You threatened him with your stern voice.

Turning a deaf ear to your words, he strode out of the hallways while clutching onto your wrist stiffly making your hiss. compelling you outside on the quiet terrace, "Let go of me." Your voice rang in the tranquil atmosphere as he propelled your physique in front of him making you stumble on your heels but you got your balance in no time.

Standing in front of each other as you started first, "I am gonna sue you for your doings. You snatched the most precious thing from me. You are going to pay for your deeds." You declared as he slipped his hands into the pocket of his pants before letting out a laugh as you watched him in vexation.

Hearing him laughing like a maniac you declared, "Shut up! You psycho. Shut up!" You were looking at him with disgust but he was just laughing like an evil who doesn't care for anything but himself.

Straightening his back while the smirk never left his visage, "You think you will be safe after-"

Hyun-Ki interrupted your sentence in between, "What will you do, hmm? Sue me? Lock me behind bars? You can't." He declared with a smile and let out a chuckle, looking straight into your eyes while you fisted your fists at his immodesty.

You could feel your heart burning while the cool breeze of wind skimmed through your cheeks and exposed skin.

The cool atmosphere wasn't helping much as the fury inside your heart was burning at its highest and no one could douse it.

Taking a step towards him you declared, "I will. I will make sure you are behind the bars and get what you deserve. My dad didn't ever do something wrong with you and you-"

Hyun-Ki interjected your sentence once again, "Wrong?" He asked with his eyebrows raised in astonishment. You could discern the veracity in his eyes when he declared, "I am the only one who was wronged my whole life and you are saying Lee Do-Hyun was right? He was f*cking loved by everyone in the family."

He took in a deep breath before taking a step towards you while you didn't move an inch from your position, "He got what he wanted. He got to be the heir of father's company and what about me, Hmm? Dad never loved me and he was always the topper. That's why? He married the girl whom I loved." He declared.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds while you watched him before he twitched his eyes to look at you with loathe, "But now, I won't give you what belongs to me. Everything belongs to me and I will snatch it. He got what he deserved." He gritted his teeth.

A lone tear escaped your left eye as you muttered, "How can you hate your brother so much? How can you?" You asked as he let out a chuckle, "Don't f*cking call him my brother. He was nothing but a jerk who deserved nothing but to die. I killed him." He declared.

"I KILLED HIM." He shouted trying to provoke you but the only one who heard him confess was you. You could feel your fingernail digging inside your palm and all you could do was nothing, "I wish I could kill you now and here." You gritted your teeth as his smirk widened, "You can't. You won't be able to." He said with his evil smile.

Taking in a deep breath while glaring at him as you threw daggers in his direction through your vexed and ruddy orbs, "I don't care if I die or not but you will go behind the bars. I will take my revenge, Lee Hyun-Ki." You thought as you wiped off the moisture from your cheeks and jaw.

You threw him a glare before declaring, "I will be the one to conclude the game that you initiated." He looked at you with his stern yet vexed eyes before turning around and leaving the terrace. "I am not gonna leave you, Hyun-Ki." You whispered.

Meanwhile, Taehyung raised his feet from the chair while holding the phone near his ear, "Why isn't she picking up the call?" He scrutinized his eyebrows when he discerned Hyun-Ki striding out of the lounge as his secretary joined him from the crowd.

Turning a blind eye to them, Taehyung walked past Hyun-Ki as he made his way towards the restroom when he discerned the door was open ajar.

Stretching his hand to push the door open, when your physique came into his view through the glazed door of the terrace.

His heart felt at ease yet was beating hard as he rushed out on the terrace when you looked at him through the distance with your blurry vision, "Y/n, you will get cold..." Taehyung said entering the terrace when his eyes met yours.

He could feel his heart sink as he saw your ruddy orbs which were swollen while your cheeks were flushed pink.

Your tresses were flowing with the air as you gazed through his chocolaty orbs glimmering in the moonlight. You both could see the mist leaving your mouths in the cold weather.

The frigid breeze of wind skimmed your exposed legs and visage but you couldn't care less. Taehyung's heart skipped a few beats as his steps slowed down, trying to decipher your state as he couldn't think of anything but your tears.

He scrutinized the tip of your nose was pinkish as a lone tear gushed down your cheek, "Taehyung..." You muttered with desperation.

"Who did this to you?" He asked in his dangerous octaves deep voice.