Part 14 : Pain and agony

Start from the beginning

Ayaansh's smile broadened. He absolutely loved it when his Bhaiya did that. He tried to sit up.

"Dhyaan se, Bachcha," Arnav pushed him back gently and then levered the bed into sitting position. "IV hai tere haathon me."

That brought a slight frown to Ayaansh's face along with some lines of confusion. He looked around and his blood froze as he realised he was in hospital. "Hospital?"

The slightly shaking voice brought Arnav out of his daze. He saw the panick surfacing Ayaansh's eyes and quickly pulled him to his chest. "Teri tabiyat thodi kharab ho gyi thi, bachcha. Abhi sab thik hai, hm? Calm down."

That was when the doctor entered. Arnav tried to straighten up but Ayaansh clutched onto his hand. Arnav pulled him a little closer. "Yahin hoon, bachcha. Ek baar doctor ko check karne de.." He gently coaxed Ayaansh to co-operate.

The doctor took the readings patiently and then smiled at Ayaansh. "How are you feeling now, Ayaansh?"

Ayaansh meekly nodded his head in response.

"It's alright, no need to be scared." Doctor reassured Arnav with a smile. "The situation is under control. But you need to be very careful. These allergy attacks can be fatal to him. He is severely allergic to hazelnuts. Make sure he doesn't have them even in the slightest amount."

Ayaansh's heart stilled for a brief moment. Allergy attack!

Arnav nodded. That was another thing he had to look into. They had gotten each and every dish that had been present during the engagement checked over. None of them had hazelnuts in them. Only Ayaansh could give them the answers.

"Bhaiya?" Ayaansh's voice was a mere whisper.

Arnav looked at him.

"Ghar chale?"

The whisper was screaming of Ayaansh's fear. Arnav's heart broke seeing the same fear in those eyes all over again. He raised his hand to caress Ayaansh's face.

Ayaansh flinched back from him. "Sorry!" He mumbled on impulse.

Arnav's hand stopped midway in shock. The familiarity of the scene overwhelmed him. His heart plummeted at the fearful gaze of his child. After all those haunting nights and heart aching breakdowns, his child had finally learnt to smile. And here they were!

The tears in Ayaansh's eyes forced Arnav to put his thoughts aside and reach for his little brother. He pulled Ayaansh to his embrace and gently. It was painful that the boy who was holding onto him till a few moments back was now flinching back from his touch.

Ayaansh calmed down the moment Arnav hugged him. The embrace was too gentle to hurt him in any way. He opened his clenched eyes and pulled back after some time. He looked at Arnav with innocent eyes. "Bhaiya,"

Arnav looked at him, scared to make any move that would scare Ayaansh.

Despite his own fear, Ayaansh could easily read the hurt in Arnav's eyes and that hurt him back. He wanted to hug Arnav and tell him how much he wanted to be held but his conscious mind was battling with too many demons to let his heart take over.

"Ghar Jana hai, Bhaiya!"

-----------------------------------------

"Aise koi darata hai kya, bachcha?" Ashi's eyes filled up as she hugged Ayaansh close. "jaan nikal di hum sab ki.."

"Mai thik hoon, Bhabhi," Ayaansh murmured in the hug.

"Arey, kya thik ho aap? Aapko pata bhi hai hum sab kitna darr gye the?" Aryan spoke as he snuggled to Ayaansh's side. He was the only one Ayaansh was letting in close without getting agitated.