You're Not Allowed

Eventually, Poe and Y/n's bodies had basically given up. The sun was too hot, the sand was making it ten-times harder to walk in, and they hadn't eaten or drunk anything in god knows how long.

The walk was surprisingly quiet, both just wanted to focus on getting somewhere that had people and a chance to staying there until they got help. The only words exchanged was asking either one if they were okay, and still alive.

"Can you see anything?" Poe asked, sounding like he had swallowed half the desert.

Y/n looked over the horizon... and yes she did.

"I see a small town..." She smiled, and Poe laughed in relief.

"Thank god."

They both started to make their way down to the town, the distance to walk there not seeming to be of any concern to them, now that they know there is hope.

"So, now that we know we're going to survive... can you tell me more about yourself?" Poe asked, sounding more up-beat.

"What do you want to know?" She asked cautiously "And I'm not going to tell you everything... not yet."

"Why not?"

"I may have been imprisoned with you, stole and TIE-Fighter with you and been stranded on a desert planet with you... but we're still practically strangers." Y/n explained.

"Understandable..." Poe sighed "So, we'll start small... what's your last name?"

Y/n smiled and shook her head.

"Oh come on, you can't tell me your last name?!" Poe protested softly.

"Can I ask you a question now?"

"Ask away."

"How did you get into the Resistance?"

"Well..." Poe sighed "What I was doing before, I wanted out of. I hated doing it, and it was just a means to make a few credits. So, I ran to the Resistance for help, a way of making amends."

"I see... so, I take your old job wasn't a nice one?" Y/n asked cautiously.

"No... to this day I regret doing it."

"Well, you have definitely turned things around." She laughed.

"What have you been doing all your life?" Poe asked. Y/n took a deep breath,

"Running."

"From what..." Poe asked, and stopped her walking by taking her arm "From who?"

"...Poe, I don't know if I can tell you..." Y/n said softly. "I... I don't know if I trust you..."

"What will it take for you to trust me?" He asked, his hand gliding down to hers.

"...I don't know. I don't know how to trust anybody, ever since that night..." The girl whispered "No, I'm saying too much."

She kept on walking, seeing that the town was close, and sped up her waking.

"What night? Y/n, please!"

"No! I can't I-It's too much!" There were tears in her eyes at this point, all she could think about were images of her brother betraying her... the screaming, the fire...

She then found herself being turned around, and her face in someone else's hands. Warm brown eyes were seen staring into hers... and suddenly... she felt all the images, screaming and fear... disappear.

"I'm not asking you to trust me instantly..." Poe spoke softly "But the way you trust someone... is by opening up to them, and letting them listen to your story."