Chapter 34: Revival of Sentinel

Începe de la început

Sam: What is your deal, huh? I know your black ops stuff is important to you. I'm not trying to diminish it or, you know, guilt-trip you or anything, I just never see you anymore. You can't come to the garage, just hang out one night?

Bumblebee: Sam. That makes me. Feel bad.

Sam: Well, yeah, I hope you feel bad. You should feel bad. Look at the jalopy I'm driving now. I feel bad every single day.

NEST Guard: Yo, let's go, both of you. Lennox wants to see you.

Wheelie: What, we not good enough for you anymore?

Sam and Carly walk together as they enter the base.

Sam: I'm sorry, babe. They were very rude, all right? And you're fixing my car! You don't think so?

Lennox sees Sam as he is scanned with a metal detector.

Sam: Raise your hand if you had a flying psycho-ninja copier trying to kill you today! Those are my brass knuckles. That's my anklet. Do I have to take that off too? And my toe rings?

They then enter the hanger.

NEST Announcer: All NEST officials clear the floor. We have 10 minutes until attempted contact.

The military secures the pillars.

Mearing: We've taken possession of the five devices that were hidden in the ship with Sentinel Prime. They're some kind of prototype Autobot technology. They say Sentinel was the... Einstein of his civilization, so we're gonna keep these locked up until we know what we're dealing with. Right now, no one gets access. No one.

Sam and Carly were walking with Lennox explaining what happened at his work.

Sam: This Wang guy recognized me. He told me to warn you, he was talking about the dark side of the moon, and then they killed him.

Lennox: Wait a minute. He mentioned the moon?

Sam: Yeah, dark side of the moon.

Carly: But why would Decepticons want to kill humans? I thought their war was with the Autobots.

Mearing: ...And that is when he made his first quick-look science report, that's what we want- who's the chick? Okay, excuse me!

She goes up to the three.

Sam: These compiled-

Mearing: Colonel Lennox?

Lennox: Director Mearing, this is Sam Witwicky, a civilian-

Mearing: I know his name, Colonel. I want to know who gave him clearance?

Sam: Who gave me clearance? How about Optimus Prime, when he touched down in suburbia looking for my house?

Lennox: This is the National Intelligence Director, in case you...

Sam: Hi.

Mearing: Disrespecting a federal officer? Huh! Maybe that'll get you somewhere. Who's she?

She looks at Carly.

Sam: She's my girlfriend.

Mearing: What is this, like a date?

Lennox: She knows all about the Autobots, okay? She knows Bumblebee. And she comes from a military family. I can vouch for her.

Sam: Hey, I- I- have an idea. How about we get back to the important topics, like the fact that I almost had my face cut off by a Decepticon? As a taxpayer, I would like to lodge a complaint, a- as a matter of fact.