Issue 30: Break-Up

Mulai dari awal

"We didn't kill Dad..." The demon said as a shadow loomed over her. "The world took him away from us...the world will take everything we love..."

Luz slowly turned around and her eyes widened in horror as she scrambled back to see her black suit, standing in front of her as if it was an actual person.

"No matter how many criminals we put in jail...they'll just break out and hurt us even more. We need to teach them a lesson...we need to show them all fear." The demon, Grom, said with its voice now matching Luz's.

"...t-then what about Oracle...? You turned him into a monster!"

"You wanted to hurt him...so, we did it for you...we were still...trying to understand you." Grom said as it stepped forward. "But now we do...you don't need anyone, Luz. Just us."

Luz slowly rose to her feet. "No! You're wrong!!! I don't need you!!! I need my family!!! My friends!!!"

"Why even bother?" Grom asked as it transformed into Vee. "They'll fail in being of any assistance..."

It then transformed into Willow, then Gus, and then Hunter. "Or turn against you..."

Then, it transformed into Amity. "Or disappoint you..."

Finally, it transformed...into Camila. "Why struggle to keep fighting all these things when we are offering you a one-way ticket to victory? With us, you won't EVER have to worry about anyone or anything again..."

It then offered its hand towards Luz, slowly transforming back into the demonic Spider-Witch. "Join with us...make our bond permanent..."

Luz slowly stepped back, feeling herself shake. "N...no...I-I can't! I'm-!"

"You said it yourself...if you had this power, maybe Dad would still be here...you can see it, Luz..."

Luz was silent for a moment before her eyes widened when she saw something in the sky. She looked up and saw Spider-Witch, the true one, tied up in a black web.

"...you're right about one thing." Luz said. "If I had the power, maybe I could've saved Dad...but Dad wouldn't want me to be a monster. Villains are always going to break out, but villains existed even before I got my powers!"

She then took a step forward. "Using fear makes us no better than them...and yeah! Vee can't always help, but what matters to me is that she's trying to help! She's doing all she can! Willow, Gus, and Hunter? They've always been there for me whenever I need them! That's all they'll ever need to do for me!!!"

Her eyes then suddenly glowed gold. "Amity? Mama? I don't even need to say why I need them...I'm going to fix it...by stopping you!" She exclaimed as she leapt into the air and then shot a web, swinging herself into the air.

Grom's blue eyes widened in horror and it leapt after her, roaring. "NO!!!"

Luz then fired another web towards Spider-Witch and pulled herself closer to her.

Spider-Witch saw and pulled herself free from the web and reached out a hand for Luz's. Luz then grabbed her hand and the two began to glow a bright gold.

Grom roared as it lunged itself at the two, but then, a singular Spider-Witch punched it across the face and then leapt down from the black web.

"Ah...feels good to be me again..." Spider-Witch smiled. "Can't believe I didn't get the metaphor of me trying to save myself from you sooner!"