Chapter 13

A/N: I will come up with something for the made-up words later. I just need to find the energy to do so.

~Rissa

________________________________________________________________________

I stayed silent while I waited for Ruckur to finish thinking about... something.

I had no idea what the two holes meant, but I had a small feeling that something, or someone, had drunk her blood before they cast the dark spell that took away their soul and made them less of a person.

Could this person be a Vampire? I silently asked with pursed lips but immediately dismissed that thought because Vampire weren't real in this realm.

But what about different realms? Could one somehow cross over to this one? Were other realms even real?

I pressed my lips into a thin line while I stared at the marks on her body, questioning everything that I knew to be real or fake.

Ruckur stopped what he was thinking and listened into my thoughts. He pondered my question a bit before he cleared his throat. It might be a Vampire... he said before he trailed off and cleared his throat again. However, there are no other realms that we know of...

I blinked and raised an eyebrow. But it could be a Vampire, right? I asked and raised the eyebrow higher.

Ruckur hummed and mentally nodded. I believe so, he said softly, or something that is close to a Vampire.

I took a deep breath and nodded. Should we tell Michael what happened, or what we had found out? I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Yes, Ruckur replied and nodded. However, you should see if you can't find any traces of the blood sucker first.

I wrinkled my nose and pressed my lips into a thin line. How do I do that? I asked, confused. Are Vampires even real?

Ruckur stayed silent while he tried to come up with a way to explain this to me before he sighed. They are sort of real, he said, choosing his words carefully. There is some dark magic that requires blood sucking or a blood sacrifice of a virgin girl.

I bit back a small groan and wrinkled my nose further. Why does it always have to be a virgin girl? I asked with a small whine in my voice, and Ruckur chuckled amused. Why can't it be some pedo or something?

Because it doesn't require the blood of them, he said, amused. I will protect you as I had your mother once before, Director, he said and mentally bowed his head, and I breathed a sigh of relief and nodded, relieved.

Thank you, I said before I licked my lips and looked at the girl before I bit the inside of my lip. Now, how am I supposed to do this? I asked and furrowed my brows. What spell do I use to see if it was a blood sucker?

Ruckur sighed, and I had a feeling that if he had a face that he would be rubbing it. That is the problem, he said, tiredly. You aren't strong enough to do it.

I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips in annoyance, biting back a small groan. Then why did you tell me to do it? I asked, letting him hear the annoyance in my voice while I moved a hand across my face while I shook my head. Or suggest it if I am not strong enough?

Ruckur sighed again, and I had a feeling that he would have rubbed his face again while he shook his head. Because I wasn't thinking, he replied tiredly. My apologies, Director.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, feeling slightly stubborn and wanting to do it. I want to do it, I said stubbornly. I have to do this.