Seeing off the Adventurer's Party

Start from the beginning

"And who here is the pet?" I asked coldly as Kishi growled once again. "They are my friends, not pets or anything."

Mitten's sighed, flicking his ears. "You are young. Give it time and I am sure you will see just how stupid you are- GACK!!"

A large, cream colored paw had suddenly appeared, and in a split second the cat had been sent plummeting off the rail. I gasped, leaning over the edge, only to see the little black mass leap out of a shallow snow bank, murderous purple eyes flashing up ward as he shook himself off.

"Kishi!" I said in a some what high pitched voice.

"He had it coming." Drawled the fox, stretching her neck over the railing so that she could flash the cat a very toothy and threatening grin. I heard muffled cursing and cat yowls from down below.

Of course that bit of noise on my part had my door swinging open, revealing a highly agitated Lagdon, eyes wide and searching for danger as he tanked his way into the room. "What's happening?" He snapped.

"I was removing vermin." Kishi stated simply as she and the hobgoblin passed one another, she headed back to the bed, and he stepping up to the place she had vacated, leaning over the rail. Apparently the cat was still down there making a fuss, because I got the rare chance to see Lagdon's face crack into a viciously pleased grin. 

They all took such pleasure in bullying my cat when ever they could... I couldn't really complain too much. I mean, this was supposed to be Mittens' punishment, and he was an evil, soul sucking, mass murdering megalomaniac under all that black fluff. But he was my soul sucking, mass-murdering, megalomaniac... and he looked like a cute kitty! Who pushes cute kitty cats off of railings fifty feet or more up?

To be fair, Kishi was a monster, and there for it was to be expected, right?

"Try not to worry about him." Smirked Lagdon, putting a hand on my arm and guiding me back into the room, shutting the glass doors behind us. "He gets what he deserves."

"And there is no need to worry about his words either." Huffed the fox, kneading the bed as she settled back in. "Every one of us is delighted that you want to walk among us, Lady Enna. If you didn't, I would be out of a purpose, do not forget."

Lagdon nodded, likely catching on to what had been discussed before he came in. "Many of us, if not all of your monsters, would be vastly different, and worse off, without your interference. Do not let that fool convince you other wise."

"I don't think he was trying to convince me of anything..." But I decided to drop it all the same. Both sides had merits, after all. I was strange for my choices, but if I had not made those choices, then this nation would be on a far different path than it was now. And, so far, I rather liked the path it was taking.

The next day, I resolved myself to at least see our guests off. 

Lagdon informed me that they were fed, well rested, and ready to head home. No incidents had happened during their stay, and I liked to think that they had at least a positive experience amongst my monsters.

I wanted our nations to get along, at the very least. I would hate to have to close the borders as Aeros had done, cutting us off from the rest of the world. But it was all up to the Pernian king at this point. Him and his people, I guess.

I followed Lagdon and Trixie out the large front door of the estate. I was dressed in my usual garments of copper robe, but also wore soft leather, fur lined boots, and my fur lined shawl. Trixie wanted me to dress up, stating that this was about a much as a political matter as meeting with Margund, the goblin king and Lagdon's older brother, would have been. I didn't disagree with that sentiment, but I didn't want to leave the adventurers with an intimidating impression of me.