"Monique!" Randy cried out once they realized their friend might get taken away. Monique slammed the refrigerator door to a wall and it came off but not before she felt a jolt of electricity run through her, causing her to scream in surprise and lay face down for a moment. "Woah, now that is extreme shoplifting" Randy commented as the door sparked with electricity for a moment before dying down.

"These wires are not part of the freezer's normal design." Mendel said. Randy and Nick helped Monique up as Nick replied "We'll take the door back for analysis". Cordula sighed, there goes her day of buying a new fridge.

"Randy, Monique. Try to track that thing"

***

After questioning the manager of what really happened here, with Cordula slightly hiding behind Nick since she kinda did yell at the manager, the rest of the team headed back to H.E.A.T headquarters while Randy and Monique went to track down the creature.

"Electro impulse pathways. They must transfer power, allowing the creature to absorb other machines." Mendel said "Not to mention, even adding the purpose of the gadgets as the creature's defense and offense weapons." Cordula added, reminded of the ice that suddenly appeared on the tentacles.

"Creature? wha-that thing's alive?" Elsie had a pondering look on her face. "Even I am having a hard time trying to wrap my head around it." Cordula said, scratching her head. "But this evidence would suggest a techno-sension. A self-aware, free thinking mechanical entity. It's like no other mutation we've seen." Mendel said "Nothing the Earth has ever seen."

"Don't even tell me that in the far future the gadgets are going to come live. This is already pushing the boundaries." Cordula said, feeling a headache coming. Nick walked up to them, holding in his hand was a pink wrapped gift. "This just came via messenger." He said, handing a confused Elsie the wrapped present. Cordula looked at the package twice.

Why does it look like a love present the more I'm looking at it?

"So Mendel, how do we pull this mechanical mutation's plug?" Nick asked as he eyes the door laying innocently on the table. "Electromagnetic Pule Generator." Mendel answered, bending down to grab a modified gun for everyone to see. "Spits out electrons at a violent rate via a supercharged magnetic field." Nick and Cordula blinked at his words, both of them not understanding a word he was saying.

"In English."

"It produces a pulse similar to that preceding a nuclear detonation. Doesn't harm people or structures, but fries anything and everything electronic." Mendel simplified. Meanwhile, Elsie had managed to unwrap the package only to gape at the contents inside. "This, this has to be a mistake." She said, holding up a red dress and a bottle of perfume. Both were not of the cheap kind.

"It's addressed to you." Nick confirmed as Elsie looked at the items in confusion. "No card." Elsie said as she looked at the box then back to Nick, Cordula and Mendel. "Looks like you have a secret admirer." Mendel said, setting the gun down while Cordula shrugged her shoulders. "Either that or you have a creepy stalker. I mean, does that dress even go for your size cause it would be creepy if it did." Cordula blinked when she felt a glare and turned to her side to see Mendel busy tinkering on the gun.

The telephone by the window suddenly rang. Nick sent Elsie a grin "That must be them now" He said as he moved to answer the phone. "Hello, Elsie's love nest" He actually answered in that way, ignoring the glare Elsie sent him.

"We're in 88th at Riverside. Better get down here, jefe"

Randy's panicked voice as well the obvious sounds of something mechanic reached Nick's ears. Seeing the seriousness of Nick's face, Elsie stood up, "I'll start my truck. Mendel, get that thing ready." Mendel nodded as Nick ended the call.