Chapter 33

Sapphire-

It had been a few weeks since the broadcast on the television, everyone had settled a little but most were still very hectic. Stores had been bought out, homes abandoned. People all over were going to fight in different parts of the country. Trying to keep Coseye from killing the world or to help destroy it. The death toll was rising on both sides and only getting higher.

About a week ago my mother had called me to talk about the bombing, the world thinks it was just terrorists from the middle east. She talked about how Canada was now producing more weaponry because of it, and that people all over the country were getting worried it would happen again so they were moving north. I just agreed with her, it's not like I could tell her what was really going on. So this is what the rest of the world thinks is going on. The government sure did a good job of covering up what was really happening. Although because that little lie the government told about the middle east attacking Canada, all the other countries that get exports from Canada are starting to turn their backs on the middle east, or starting to fight and bicker with them. Wars were raging all over the place all because of one organization filled with monsters.

The weather outside was starting to chill slightly, slipping out of summer into fall. So much so that I had to wear a light coat on my walks in the evening and early morning.

I opened the door to the house, instantly I could smell scotch, vodka and orange juice. I saw Coal and Tony sitting on the couch. Two empty bottles of alcohol on the table and one that had yet to be tapped off. "Sapphire!" Coal yelled looking at me with a big grin. His cheeks were flushed a bright pink, Tony wasn't in any better shape.

"Heyyyy Sapphire -Dude she's hot, like way sexy." Tony said to Coal.

"Dude shut up, that- that's mine." Coal punched Tony's arm.

"Ouch!"

"Coal, are you drunk?" I spoke up over their bickering.

"Oh Sapphire, hey, yeah I'm- hahaha- I'm wasted." He stood up and stumbled over to me. "Oh man I love you, like I really love you." He pulled me in and held me close

"Well I'm gonna go. You got this bro." Tony said walking to the door.

"Tony, you can't drive!" I grabbed his arm as Coal still held onto me.

"Shhh, it's fine, I have- I have- um- a hotel room, that's it. It's right down the road." I let him go and he left the house. Coal sniffed and buried his face in my shoulder pulling me against his chest.

"Coal are you crying?" I pulled him away and looked at his red face.

"I'm sorry," he rubbed his eyes dry. "I've gotta act like a man for you."

"Coal what's wrong?"

He walked over to the table and handed me a piece of paper. "I'm so sorry Sapph." I unfolded the paper and began to read.

9-19-15

Dear Mr. Coal J. Hampton

We have received intel from officer Jessica K. Dillons, that you have broken protocol 5-23 human contact. (having relations with humans)

You have broken protocol 5-25, human intelligence (telling humans of wolf existants.)

You have broken protocol 4-16 withholding intelligence of matters that may harm the people of Canada. (Knowledge associated with the acts of September 1, 2015.) (Knowledge of Coseye and it's actions regarding testing on wolves.)

At this point in time your sentence could vary between 30 years to life in prison, or death. We have however devised a scenario (given your history and physical ability) to which you could avoid both these sentences. You are to report for military duty 9-26-15 in Regina, Canada, to fight on humanity's behalf in the ongoing civil war. If you refuse this offer you will be tracked down and brought into the supreme court to serve your sentence and pay for your crimes.