THIRTY-ONE

BIIIIIG time skip lol

Ok bye

OLIVIA
3 Months later
January 20th 2024

I looked at my phone and kept turning on the screen waiting for her to text me. I checked again and still nothing. I flipped my phone screen over and Dan grabbed it from off the table.

"Focus Liv. You're so close to finishing the last song." I nodded and looked down at the lyric sheet. I had started writing my next album STAY and it was set to release in May. I adjusted my headphones and sang the bridge to the last ballad on the playlist titled "let me in."

"The distance was never too far, all your troubles hardly left a scar. And all our troubles felt so goddamn long. And now I'm caught between the middle and the end, and all the trials came to a close, when you chose the girl who would never know." I took a breath and went back to the chorus. "The way you shut me out never letting me in. Never knowing how or where to begin, you shut out the world and never had one regret. Now I hope I was something you'll never forget." I stepped back and shook my head.

"What?" I looked at the lyrics and at the mic.

"Something feels so wrong. Like this isn't right and I should just let her live." Dan nodded and rolled over to me.

"We can cut it, we have plenty of tracks." I sat down and took off the headphones.

"Keep it on the bonus." I said, I looked down at my hands and twisted my rings. "She was still wearing the ring I got her." I sniffed and Dan nodded.

"I'm really sorry Liv." I shook my head and wiped my eyes. "Stop trying to get over her so quickly. You don't need Mr. rebound just be Liv. Go on a trip or something." I laughed and looked at the wall covered in the pictures of y/n and me at Disney.

"I want to move on. But she loved me in a way I never thought I would feel." Dan nodded and looked at the wall of pictures, he stood up and pulled the one of us at the eras tour off.

"You know, I only met y/n a handful of times. But I could tell she loved you so much. She still does, but she doesn't know how to ask for help." I nodded and he handed me the picture. It was taken shortly after y/n had promised to marry me one day.

"I love her so much. But I'm worried that if I try to help her I'll scare her off." He nodded and handed me a piece of paper.

"I found this under the mat on the desk. It's pretty old but it's from y/n. I didn't read the whole thing." He smiled and handed me the heart shaped paper. I took it and unfolded it.

Livy,
I don't know how to say it. I don't know if I want to admit it, but things are so much harder right now. I know I should listen to you and cut off my mom but I'm too scared and I'm so ashamed that this is hurting you. I can't bring myself to say the words to her. I feel this looming guilt that I will face forever. But I know you are right, I just can't say it. I'm so so sorry that I am treating you like this. I love you. I love you so much Liv Liv. You are my life. I want to marry you Olivia Rodrigo. But I don't want to rush things. But I don't think we are rushing anything, I'm also just scared of your parents.
I love you forever,
Spidey (y/n)

I laughed and wiped my eyes. I looked up at Dan who shrugged.

"I might have read the whole thing and showed it to my wife." I laughed again and he handed me a tissue.

"I can't believe this, she wanted to ask me to marry her. Like for real." He nodded and sat next to me.

"Are you going to do anything about it?" I looked down and shook my head. "WHAT?!" I jumped as Dan yelled. "I'm sorry for yelling but how can you read that and not run back to her?" I looked down and back up at Dan who was still confused.