Liam shook his head.

"The most infuriating part is that not even a drop of wine he was holding spilled out. Was it that easy for him to stop me?", I clenched my jaw, trying to maintain my stoic.

"Who's this man anyway?", he asked, busily wiping the wind shield of the car.

"Vincent Marino", I replied dryly.

For the first time since I walked in, Liam paused in his actions, his hand freezing on the glass.

"You know him?", I asked, raising a brow.

"Everyone knows him.", he said, his voice slightly evasive.

I didn't press further.

Even though we have known each other for 7 years, he never once asked me about my past and neither did I ever ask him about the picture frame he has of a young woman holding a little girl.

"Don't get too involved with anyone from the Marino family, kid. It's for your own good.", his words caught my wavering attention.

"Why would I get involved with them, old man? However, can I ask why?", I asked, intrigued.

"Everyone in that family is a specimen of their own kind.", he muttered in a low voice, but I heard him anyway.

I understood he didn't want to say much about it, so I let it slide.

Turning around suddenly, he looked me straight in the eyes.

"Never ever get personally involved with any of the Marino brothers. DATING A MARINO IS OUT OF QUESTION. If you want to grow and survive in this world, you should know which battles to ignore.", Liam said extremely seriously, his tone a blend of firmness and warning, looking straight in my amber eyes.

I frowned, startled.

That was the first time he gave me advice on personal life.

We have always been just a teacher and student.

For him to step out of that line and advise me shows how serious he is about this.

"I don't have any intention of ever dating anyone, let alone a Marino.", I replied calmly.

Liam nodded, getting back to his work.

"I wanted to spar a little today. Especially after that gray-eyed jerk -", I was saying, but Liam cut me off.

"You're exhausted already. Come early morning tomorrow as usual.", he replied, cleaning up for the day.

"Fine.", I replied, nodding curtly.

I turned around, walking away.

As soon as I reached my villa, located in an area filled with houses of similar build, owned by upper middle class to high class families and bachelors, I parked my car and walked into my house.

Silence.

That's what my house is filled with. Cold silence.

Walking up the stairs to my room, washing up and changing into my night pants and shirt, I laid on the bed, the glass sliding door leading to the balcony, locked, curtains closed shut and a dim bed light glowing beside me.