Chapter 16 | New girl

-*-*-*-

Rodrick places his jacket on the roof and we both lay across it.

"They said there's enough evidence," Rodrick says.

"Huh?"

"In two weeks, they found enough evidence to convict him...or at least have a court trial."

"Really? That's great!" I say, sitting up, "I'm happy for you!"

He smiles, "Yeah, you're gonna be there for me, right?" he asks

"Of course..." I say.

He, also, sits up. He throws his arms around me and pulls me close to him. As his lips gently meet mine, the air seems to grow more still, more empty, and the world outside fades away. As he pulls away, I feel the chilly air take over and replace the soft warmth of his lips.

"I love you, new girl," he says, grinning.

I shake my head.

New girl.

"I love you too, Rodrick," I reply.

-*-(A year into the future)-*-

Me and Rodrick leave the courtroom. I can see him trying to hide his smile as we leave. 

"WE WON! WE WON! Y/N! Y/N! WE ACTUALLY WON!" He shouts, grabbing my shoulders as I grab him and we jump around in excitement.

"I KNOW! RODRICK I'M SO SO PROUD OF YOU! FIFTEEN YEARS!" 

"I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Y/N!" he says, pulling me into a hug. 

I can feel his tears dampen my shirt, "I love you, too," I say, my arms around him.

His hands move to my waist, "God, without you..." he says, "None of this would've happened without you. I love you so, so, so, so, so, so much!"

"You said," I say, laughing before adding, "I love you too."

He pulls away. I bring my hands up to his face, wiping his tears and he smiles before pulling me into a hug, again.

-*-*-*-

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!! I KNOW THIS IS A LOT SHORTER THAN MY USUAL STORIES BUT I GOT BORED OF WRITING IT AND WANTED TO FINISH IT UP QUICKLY! I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE SPEED-UP AT THE END BUT STILL THANKS FOR READING!!!

-*-*-*-