Chapter 14 | Safe

-*-*-*-

He drags his bags into my room.

"N/n.., what if this doesn't work."

"I'll call the police before they do," I say.

"Y/n, we're sixteen, maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves..." Rodrick says, falling back on my bed.

"I want to help you, Rodrick," I say, sitting beside him.

"It's not your responsibility..."

"Be my boyfriend!" I say.

"Sorry?"

"I said be my boyfriend!"

"I-...okay!" he replies.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah..."

"Great, now, you are my responsibility."

"It doesn't work like that-."

I straddle his lap, lean in, and pull him closer to me. I press my lips against his. He closes his eyes and leans into the kiss, holding my face. I hold him tightly, pressing my body against his. I wrap my arms around his neck as I pull him closer, pressing him closer to me, he seems caught off guard by this but doesn't pull away and instead continues running his hands down my back. He seems to get lost in the moment now, kissing me with more passion than he did before. After a few seconds, we both break the kiss again and look at each other with panting breaths We both stare at each other for a moment, still breathing heavily from the kiss. Rodrick looks down at me, happy yet confused at the same time.

"I- uh," he pauses, dazed,  "I really don't think this is the time..." he says, pushing me off of him.

"Yeah, okay!" I look around, "Phone. Where's my phone," I say, patting my pockets. I take it out and dial 9-9-9.

I explain the situation, they're pretty understanding, they explain they'll send an officer to my apartment to question and assess the situation with Rodrick if they find the claim to be of truth, they'll immediately dispatch someone to arrest Frank and take him in for questioning before deciding on prosecution.

When they arrive, we are questioned and almost immediately upon seeing the bruises and cuts, which are clearly done by blunt forced trauma or a person themself, they call in for other officers to go take Frank Heffley in for questioning. And he's gone. He's held until we have enough evidence for a trial, which will take a few months but Rodrick is safe at the minute, that's all that matters.

-*-*-*-