FIFTEEN

It's been a few days since Joe and Alicia's talk.

Joe was still thinking about what the girl had told him.

Was she right? Would pushing his feelings away make things worse?

He didn't know. He didn't know much of anything anymore.

He knew he missed his best friend, though. And he knew he needed to get Sky to make up with Alicia. They were sisters after all and they shouldn't be fighting. Siblings should stick together.

So, Joe concocted a plan.

He would talk to Jace and make up with him, then have Jace and Alicia work out their differences.

So, that evening after taking a shower after practice, he called Jace up.

He didn't pick up on the first call, so Joe called again.

He didn't pick up on the second or third either.

Joe was just going to keep calling until he answered.

"Excuse me, sir, but you are blowing up my phone and it's pissing me off." Jace said.

Joe exhaled.

Finally.

"Good. I need to talk to you." Joe said.

"About?" Jace asked.

"Sky and Lici. I know Sky is pissed at her, but I also know that they're sisters. They're family. And family sticks together. You're also our family. My family. Although we're not related like Sky and Lici, you're still my family and I want to clear the air. I love Lici. I always have and I always will. Especially as more than just a best friend. I had no idea that you liked her before you guys went on a date nor did I know how much you felt for her or how serious it was. There was a miscommunication there that should've been cleared up. But now that you're with Sky, I feel like the bad blood between us needs to be over. This needs to be squashed and that's what I'm here to do."

There was silence on the other end of the phone and Joe took a breath after he was finished speaking. He did, in fact, say a lot.

"Okay fine, brodie. Let's make up. Fighting over females is stupid. You're my family too. My bro. I miss you, bud. And I know Skyler misses Alicia, so I will help you. Now, what's the plan?" Jace replied.

Joe smiled. "I'm glad you asked. Is Sky home?"

"Nah, she went to grocery shopping." Jace replied. "Why?"

"So I can come over and we can plan." Joe answered.

"Okay, yeah, that makes sense. Come on over, friend."

"Cool, be there in fifteen."

"Alrighty."

Joe hung up the phone and turned around to see Lily Rose standing behind him.

"Oh, hey Lils." Joey smiled.

"Hey, JB. You're trying to help Licia and Sky make up?" She asked.

"Mhm." Joe nodded.

Lily Rose exhaled through her nose.

"Can I help?" She asked. "I know that I'm pissed at Skyler too, but I hate everyone fighting. I want us all to be together again. Like before. We're a group, we need to stick together. I wanna forgive Sky too. It's not her fault she doesn't feel the same way as me. Plus..."

"You're with Ja'Marr now." Joe finished.

Lily Rose smiled and blushed hardly.

"Yeah." She squeaked.

"Of course you can help, Lils. Now come on, we're going to see Jace."

"Okay. Let's do it."

The two of them then left to go see Jace.

AUTHORS NOTE
hey y'all i'm back. long time no see.

very, very long time actually.

i've missed this book, so i wanted to update it. i hope y'all have been missing it too and still wanna read it.

i have lots more ideas for this story so stick around to see how it turns out!

muah,
lea <3