FOURTEEN

{Third Person POV}

ALICIA and Lily Rose arrived home about thirty minutes after seeing the Instagram post.

When they got there, they heard Ja'Marr and Joe in the kitchen.

Lily Rose went in the kitchen and Alicia checked Instagram to see if Sky replied to her comment.

She opened Instagram and went to the post to see that her comment was deleted.

"What the hell?" Alicia exclaimed.

Joe exited the kitchen and went over to Alicia.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Did you see Skyler's post on Insta?" Alicia asked, ignoring Joe's question.

"Of her and Jace? Yeah, Ja'Marr and I saw it." He replied.

"I commented on it and she deleted it." Alicia said. "I don't understand why she hates me so much."

"I don't think she hates you, Lici. She...I think she's mad at you for getting with Jace because she likes him." Joe replied.

"Oh my—Oh my God. You're right. Why—Why didn't I see it before? Shit. I'm such an idiot." Alicia shook her head.

"No, hey, no. You're not an idiot, Alicia, you just didn't realize. It's not your fault." Joe assured.

Alicia sighed. "You're right. I just feel bad now. I mean, I felt bad for a Jace because I dated him even though I didn't really like him and now I feel bad for Skyler for stealing her man."

"Technically, he wasn't her man, but I understand what you mean." Joe nodded.

Alicia nodded back and then they were silent.

Alicia began to think about why she went out with Jace in the first place then thought about the night she spent with Joe in bed.

"Joe."

"Yeah?"

"What...What are we?" She asked.

He tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you said we weren't anything, but then you told me you had feelings for me, took me in your arms and comforted me and kissed my cuts, so I don't know what's going on between us." Alicia explained.

"Alicia, listen, like I told you before, we're just best friends. Best friends don't date. But I do still have feelings for you and they're probably not going away, I just...I cant risk our friendship. I can't do it." Joe responded.

"We don't know what'll happen between us if we don't try. Joe, I think if we push our feelings down even more, then our friendship is going to be ruined before we can every try to date."

Alicia then walked past him and went into the kitchen, leaving Joe just thinking.

AUTHORS NOTE
Skyler needs to get over herself.

Muah,
Lea <3