01. I Wish... I Did Not...

The next morning, you woke up in a pool of sweat and tears, it was normal for you now. You stared up at the ceiling, wondering if this will ever be over. If you'll ever be able to move on, to forget him, to become what you were before meeting him again, to return back to your normality, to your former cheery personality. Will you ever be able to forget what he did to you?

You were so deep in thought that you didn't hear the door open or footsteps entering your room, or felt the compression of your mattress near your head.

It was only when the warm hand of your father met your cold and sweaty forehead that you realized his presence.

"Dad?", you asked sitting up.

"Good morning, princess.", he said with a smile.

"Oh, Good Morning. Do you need something from me?", you said.

"I do.", he said, caressing your head.

"What is it?", you asked, leaning into his touch.

"I want you to be happy.", you froze at his words. he continued, "I want to see my lively daughter... again.", you could see in his eyes how broken he was feeling/ It must hurt him to see his daughter like this.

"I... don't feel happy...", he gets taken aback by your words, "Smiling... feels very... foreign and un... uncomfortable to me. Like it doesn't belong on my face. I feel... nothing, dad. I feel anything but pain and pain and eternal sadness. I don't feel anything anymore! I don't feel anything!...", yelling, you broke down into ugly cries, cries that drove the silence away, cries that sent chills down your mother's spine in the kitchen, cries that echoed in your room, through the corridors, throughout the whole house and the yard, where your friends were.

Your father pulled you into his embrace as you clenched and stained his overcoat with your tears. "What was my fault?! What did I do to deserve this?! Why did he break my trust?! Why did he do that if he loved me?! Why?!", tears and whimpers escaped your eyes and mouth in perfect sync as you felt a stinging pain and suffocation in your chest. 

"He said that he loved me!!... He said he would never hurt me!!!... He said I'm safe with him!!... He said he'll never leave me!!... He said he'll always be there!!... Then why?!! Why dad, why?!! Why did he break his promise?!! Why?!!..." His grip on you tightened as anger welled up inside him. He entrusted him with his only precious daughter, he trusted that he will keep his princess happy... But on the contrary, he left her broke, on like this...

He made hollow promises, weaved webs of pretty lies for her and then... he made his move. He let the beast within take him over and ruined the beauty of his daughter's life. He must perish, he'll have to face the consequences, god will make that K-

"It's my fault...", you managed through your tears, "What?! No-", he started but you cut him off, "It is! If only I had not picked him out of those many guys in the room... It would've never happened." 

Memories once again played in your vision, like a movie on a theatre screen. You saw outlines of people, of the architecture, of the amazing decor, but it was all a blur in the white light. You heard a call ring in your ears, "(Y/N)!! (Y/N)!! Darling what happened—" Another voice, much younger, cut him off. it echoed in your ears, not very pleasant to hear or very understandable because of its low frequency and amplitude with really high pitches.

Soon, the white in your vision dotted with black as you felt lighter, like you were flying. A heavy masculine voice and footsteps were all that greeted you farewell as darkness engulfed you in itself.

Your parting words to the real world softly escaped your lips as the tiniest bit of light flickered away, "ℑ 𝔚𝔦𝔰𝔥... ℑ 𝔇𝔦𝔡 𝔑𝔬𝔱..."  

・.━━━━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━━━━.・

Word Count: 658 words

Next Chapter: The Wrong Choice