-10- A Raise

"That'll be 5 dollars, would you like a receipt?" Caleb asked his best customer service smile plastered to his face, the old woman he was speaking to nodded grumpily so he printed the receipt handing it to her.

"Have a good day ma'am" he told her and she grunted in annoyance snatching her coffee off the counter and hobbling out the café.

"Miserable old bat" Ebony commented loading drinks onto the circular tray.

Caleb bit his lip nodding in agreement, his mind was elsewhere though, he needed money, and fast. He'd agreed to go out for a meal with Jason without even thinking of the consequences, he'd been so caught up in feeling sorry for him over the dog dying that it'd slipped his mind he'd need to pay for his share of the meal. He couldn't be wasting money on stuff like this when Jayden was still in the house with his Dad.

He'd barely even had time to spend with Jayden over the past week, since the Christmas Day 'sleep over' they'd barely had a chance to speak, Caleb felt insanely guilty for it but knew it'd be worth it in the end. It had to be.

"You seem like your minds in another realm today Caleb" the Manager commented getting uncomfortably close to him and breathing heavily.

"Y-yeah, s-stressed that's all" Caleb replied uneasily.

"Take a break, come chat with me in my office" the Manager offered a creepy smile on his face.

Caleb immediately shook his head remembering what had happened last time but the Manager didn't seem fussed "I insist, follow me boy" he told Caleb firmly.

Reluctantly Caleb followed him into the break room then into the tiny little office. They sat at opposite sides of the desk again but due to the offices size still not that far away.

"Tell me what's on your mind Caleb, open up" The Manager said cheerily, he was in an unusually peppy mood and it made Caleb feel very uneasy.

"M-money, paying for the bills and food" Caleb confessed an idea springing into his head, maybe he could use the Managers creepy crush on him to get a raise?

"I was thinking actually, maybe I could have a raise?" Caleb suggested, the manager raised his eyebrows inquisitively "only a small one nothing major, just a small pay rise since I've been here so long now" Caleb added hastily not wanting to come off too strong.

The manager leaned back in his chair making it creak as he pondered over what Caleb had said "Hmmm, why don't you make it worthwhile for me then, Caleb?" He told Caleb leaning forward a glint in his eye.

Caleb gulped shaking his head "I can't do that I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" he stuttered out looking down at the desk instead of up at the Manager.

"No can do then my boy, but if you change your mind the offer still stands" The Manager answered gruffly.

Caleb nodded still not looking up and then rushed out the room to go back to work, the Manager gave him the chills. The constant attempts at hooking up with him were getting intense.

Trying to push the thoughts to the back of his mind Caleb continued his shift, soon it was close to closing time, they only had about half an hour left and Ebony had gone home, the store quiet, mostly empty when a person entered.

He was wearing a ski mask, gray trench coat and black sweatpants, Caleb thought nothing of it as the weather was frightfully cold with snow coming and going.

"What can I get for you?" Caleb asked politely picking up a coffee cup then looking at the man. However to his horror the man pointed a gun directly in his face, Caleb gulped staring down the barrel his eyes widening.

"You can empty the cash register this instant" he ordered roughly, Caleb didn't even hesitate in emptying the register dumping all the coins and bills into a sack the man was carrying, the man then grabbed the tip jar emptying that into the sack too, Caleb felt angry, that was a whole weeks worth of Christmas tips. He needed those.

"Hey cmon dude, that's not cool we-" Caleb began but was abruptly interrupted.

"I don't give a crap what's cool and what isn't you faggot, and don't even think about calling the cops" the man then rushed out the store sack in hand, the tips were gone, and so was the rest of the money.

Caleb sighed in despair, the Manager shook his head patting Caleb on the shoulder then heading back to his office. Caleb stared out the window desperately, the last robber he'd met he'd hooked up with, not this time though, not a chance.

Feeling a pit growing in his stomach Caleb knew what he had to do, he needed money desperately now, he wasn't sure he'd even have enough to pay for a meal for Jayden let alone half a dinner out with Jason.

He headed slowly back towards the staff room and knocked softly on the Managers door, then opened it shutting it slowly behind him.

"I thought you might change your mind Caleb, you wanting that raise now?" The manager asked creepily.

Caleb nodded silently, he felt sick as the old man stood up, stripping down his wrinkled and old body disgusting Caleb.

"Cmon now Caleb, we don't have all day" The Manager said gesturing to Caleb "for once I want the uniform off, not on"

Caleb reluctantly nodded stripping down naked too, he allowed the manager to touch him grimacing and flinching at every touch, the old man was enjoying himself too much and it gave Caleb the creeps, he felt his skin itching and his body screaming as the Manager got him into a position.

"Be ready for the ride of your pathetic life boy" The Manager whispered coughing then beginning, once he was finished he sat back on his chair not getting dressed and smoking a cigar.

Caleb felt sick, the room was spinning as he hurriedly got dressed again, he scrambled into his underwear, then pants, hastily buttoning up his shirt.

"The raise is yours Caleb, come back anytime if you want a bonus" the Manager informed him offering a disgusting little wink, Caleb gagged slightly forcing himself out of the office and sprinting to the bathrooms, he barely made in time throwing up over the basin.

He gasped for air feeling everything spinning around him as he vomited again and again, the feeling of the man's touch all over his body not going away no matter how hard he itched, scratched and hit himself.

Vomiting again he felt the urge deepen, he needed to cut somehow, but without a blade he was stuck, tears began streaming down his face as he curled into a ball on the cold, dirty bathroom floor, everything had gone so so wrong, it was worth it right? The raise and his feelings right now, they'd all be worth it to get Jayden out of that god forsaken house...