liked by charles_leclerc, landonorris and 78,283 others

notaverstappen: I'd hit that (the volleyball of course)  view all comments

Miami Grand Prix

"Holy shit, those fuckers are fast."

Lando barely looked up from where he lay on the bed with his head hanging off the end. He wasn't interested in what you were doing, he was in a world of his own and wallowing with a bag of rainbow Twizzlers. Charles' mood wasn't much better after his 7th place finish, thanks to another famous Ferrari strategy, but he did turn away from his phone for a second to see what you were looking at on your laptop.

You were busy reading the data from the race and watching the replay, trying to find any room for improvement, but it wasn't looking promising. Your pencil could attest to that as it began falling to pieces from where you chewed on the end of it and you weren't going to be able to make many more notes with it.

Pausing the video, you grabbed your phone and called Max. "What the hell kind of rocket did Newey build?"

"Hello Max, how are you? I'm great, thanks for asking," Max huffed, making you roll your eyes.

"I drove perfectly today, and I couldn't get within 25 seconds of you. I just don't understand it. Can you send me your data?"

You clenched your teeth at the scoff he made. "You know I can't do that. And don't even try the whole 'but I'm your sister'."

"But I am your sister, and it's so humiliating to go from racing for first place to just racing for the bottom step of the podium." Your hand tightened around your phone and your eyes burned even after screwing them closed. "Please, Max."

"I can't," he said quietly. "But...if you visit P on Wednesday while I'm at the factory the sim might be left in the race set up."

Charles jumped at the squeal you gave. "Thank you, thank you. You're my favourite brother again."

You hung up the phone after a quick goodbye but your smile disappeared at the shake of Lando's head. "What?"

"Humiliated with third place," he muttered as he looked to Charles for back up. "Is she serious?"

"I think so, but you know what Max is like when he doesn't win."

"He throws a tantrum, I'm not throwing a tantrum - I just want to know how to do better. I need to show Red Bull that it should be me in that seat."

"Okay, and then what? What happens if they offer it to you? You know how toxic that place was, you know how bad it was for your health - how can you want that again?" Lando took your phone and dropped it on the bedside drawer as he knelt beside you. "Answer me."

"I don't want the seat," you corrected him, kneeling so you were eye to eye. "I just want to prove the point."

"What point is that? Everyone already knows you are the best driver, you're the World Champion."