Quiet People Have the Loudest Minds

Start from the beginning

"I may or may not, uh," he looks toward Void who nods, "Be the one possessed. But-! But, it's not evil!" he waves his hands at the alarm on his dads face, "It's chill, it's literally done nothing but protect us."

"Is he what's making you sick?" dad whisper-shouts, "Stiles!"

"What?? And no, well– yes, probably, but it's not doing it on purpose, and it's not gonna kill me, so it's fine! I'm practically back to normal temps now, anyways!"

"You're possessed by a one thousand year old fucking– fox demon thing that's known for murdering people for fun!"

"Well, it eats like," he waves a hand, trying so hard not to come off any weirder than normal, "It eats pain, and chaos, I guess. Its last host was this like, dead guy, so it didn't have anything to eat then. It's not gonna do anything now! Besides, I've literally been here for two days, and you made it sound like something happened."

Dad's face turns back to a frown, "You're sure it's not killing people?"

"We've been in a coma. It hasn't exactly had time."

"...Okay. But if he starts doing anything, you tell me right away, okay?"

"Yeah, sure! Just– don't tell Scott, please. Or like, anybody else in the pack. Or their parents."

"What? Why don't you want your friends to know? Maybe they can help stop the Oni things."

Stiles shrugs, "Void– that's what I'm calling the Nogitsune– says that Scott would probably get us killed," he waved his hand in a so-so motion, "But, it said it trusted you, so..."

"Scott wouldn't kill you," dad scoffs, "Scott wouldn't kill anything let alone anybody. He'd find a way to, like, separate you."

"Would it be so bad if we didn't want to be separated?"

There's silence, and Stiles assumes that means yes, that is bad. He also thinks his dad is probably assuming that he's under some sort of spell.

"Before you say anything, keep in mind that it is like, right here," he points at his leg, knowing full well he probably looks batshit pointing at open air, "But it hasn't done anything, dad! I promise! The worst it's done is been a little shit," he glares at said fox, who chomps its teeth in response.

"Your one-thousand year old fox demon is sassy?"

"We mimic our hosts."

"It says it mimics its host, so. Yeah."

"Oh, well, that's okay then," dad scoffs, and Stiles winces at the sharp sarcasm. He's starting to regret this.

On the bright side, one of the adults is mostly on his side, and if the Nogitsune does decide it's not getting enough food then someone can get help before things go to shit.

"So, uhm," Stiles clears his throat, shifting under the blankets and getting a growl from Void, "What'd you get from the cafeteria?"

...

"Alright, Mr. Stilinski," Dr. Rochest sighed with a smile, entering the hospital room, "We've done all the tests we really need to do, and you're 100% welcome to leave in the morning. We just need you to stay the night to be extra safe, and ensure your fever doesn't spike again, alright?"

Stiles nods, "Cool," he offers, "Uh, thanks?"

"No problem," she nods her head to him, "Nurse Matrei will be your primary caretaker for the next couple hours, but later tonight Nurse Donovan will take over as her shift ends at 11pm. Sleep well!"