It appeared that time had not altered that part of Wukong. Macaque couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort in that fact.

"Wukong," Macaque says sternly.

Xiaotian inhaled sharply, his tail puffing and eyes sharpening. That's right, his Dada! A monkey on a mission, and to Macaque's shock, the Monkey Prince shimmied himself to roll over and up a little to reach over his Father's "sleeping" side. While Xiaotian was far more gentle with his Baba, patiently waiting for Macaque to wake up, it was clear the toddler wasn't the same with his other parent.

"Dada! Up!" Xiaotian's tiny fingers pried at Wukong's eyelids, eliciting a groggy moan from the still-sleeping father. "Dada wake up! Dada it's morning! Dada wake up? Up up!" he asked eagerly, pressing his knees into the softer flesh of Wukong's back. The King groaned in pain, arching.

"MK," he mumbled.

"Dada is up!" Xiaotian cheered, falling back against Macaque, immediately getting back into his cuddle position-as if he hadn't just assaulted his Father just now.

Macaque stared, wide eyed. Letting the shock of what just happened linger for a moment, he steadied himself to face Wukong. He had to stay focused and make sure Wukong didn't get any wrong idea about this.That this "shared bed thing" was a one time only situation. As familiar as it was- as comforting as it almost was, Macaque wasn't going to let this happen a second time.

Forced awake, even if it was clear he wasn't sleeping either, the King's shoulders flinch when he sensed a sharper glare on him. His head slowly turned, met with his ex mate's death gaze, "M-Morning," he smiled sheepishly. Xiaotian turned to reach up and grab a handful of Wukong's ear, tugging it a little.

"Dada~!" he chirped, nuzzling against his Father's tail in greeting.

Wukong's expression softened, "Good morning, bud."

"Dada, I hungry." The cub announced. Wukong tilted his head against his child's hand, brushing some drool from Xiaotian's chin. While he knew it wasn't the same for Macaque, he felt happy being curled together like this. Bundled like a family in the same bed.

All messy furred and drowsy eyed, basking in the light of the sun. If things had been different, they could be this way everyday. Wukong knew he couldn't linger on this though.

If he did, Macaque might just explode

Wukonged noticed Macaque's tail twitching and puffing up, a clear sign of his anxiety. His narrowed eyes gave away his discomfort, but he remained stubbornly silent. Mostly likely concerned that Xiaotian might ask what was wrong if he was too open about his disdain of this situation.

To ease the tension, Wukong sat up and shifted to the edge of the bed. "I can go make some breakfast," he assures his son, lifting himself from the mattress to stretch. Raising his arms over his head, his shirt rode up and a pop came from his back. Scratching the back of his head with a satisfied sigh, he sauntered towards the door. "I think all we have is fruit though-" as if on cue, knowing what this would spur, Wukong turned his head just as MK opened his mouth saying exactly what he knew his son would yell.

"Fruit!!" they echoed each other.

MK's face lit up with a wide grin as he threw his arms into the air. His father stopped walking and joined in on his son's infectious joy, both of them laughing uncontrollably.

"Fruit it is then!" he says.

"Fruit sound good, Baba?" Their son asked, snuggling into Macaque's chest.

"Of course," The Moon Monkey, content to continue to lay on the bed while Wukong gathered breakfast, mused to himself, "Did you sleep well?" he asked, brushing his thumb over Xiaotian's forehead. He felt Wukong lingering at the door to watch, but paid him no mind. Curiously tilting Xiaotian's head towards him, admiring the marking he had on his face, Macaque said, "A heart shape like your Dad's,"