{CHAPTER : 08}

Taehyung's POV
After the basketball match, a group of girls surrounded me, offering compliments and striking up a conversation.

I engaged with them, but my attention shifted to Stella, who had been here a moment ago but was now missing.

Excusing myself, I inquired with Emma about Stella's whereabouts. Emma suggested she might have gone outside, prompting me to search for her.

Unable to locate her in classrooms or the canteen, I decided to check the terrace.

Stella had a habit of seeking solace there when she needed some space. True to expectation, I found her standing on the terrace.

Approaching her, I hugged her from behind, asking, "Why are you here?"

"Because I want to be, any problem?" she replied irritably.

"Why so moody today, huh? Periods?" I inquired, concerned.

"No, I have not got my periods. And why are you even here? Go and enjoy your time with those girls. They were being very generous, complementing you, and you were enjoying it," she said, breaking free from my grip and turning around with an angry face.

"I was not enjoying anything. They just came and were telling me they liked my last shot, that's it. How can you be so jealous?" I defended myself.

Knowing Stella's impatience, I opted not to argue. Instead, I hugged her.

"Bear, you know I love you. I don't like it. I don't like other girls being so close to you," she said softly, her head on my chest, hands holding me tightly.

"Bear," a nickname she had given me, thinking I looked like a bear with messy hair.

"I only love you. You know that. I don't even like talking to other girls. Then why get jealous?" I said, still caressing her hair.

"Because you are the first person I can really call mine, after my friends. Who I don't have to share with someone else," she explained, continuing, "I have always shared everything with my brother, and that has never been great. In the end, he got everything, and I had nothing. I just don't want to share you. You are very precious to me."

I leaned in and kissed her on her lips. She quickly responded, and we shared a kiss filled with love.

Author's POV
As they celebrated a full year of happiness together, it was Stella's birthday, a day she always cherished.

Unfortunately, her parents couldn't make it to New York, and she wasn't in the mood to meet her brother.

Despite this, her friends planned a party, bubbling with excitement.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was anxious about what gift to give her. Stella's enthusiasm for her birthday only heightened his nervousness.

She was out shopping with her friends, and then they planned to get ready for the party.

As the party's time approached, everyone gathered, eagerly awaiting Stella's arrival. She finally stepped in, and Taehyung's breath hitched at the sight of her.

Taehyung's POV
As Stella entered the room, my breath hitched, and my heart raced at the sight of her.

Clad in a tiny purple dress with minimal makeup, heels, and her hair cascading freely, she looked like an angel.

My angel. The one who transformed my disposition, infusing a sense of fun into my life.

Over the past year, we've grown remarkably close. Stella has provided me with a sense of visibility, acknowledgment, and love that I never imagined a girl from her social standing could offer. It has been the best year of my life with her by my side.