Chapter XVIII - The Battle for Wakanda

Start from the beginning

"Show them your power, Merlin, and come back to me." Wanda said, holding her head high. Victor gave her one last smile.

"Pushy witch." And he was gone.

In but a few minutes, Victor was standing on the open fields of Wakanda among thousands of others. The green sea before them was gently waved by the morning winds. Despite being among a literal army, the sight before him... Concerned.

Right outside the protective barrier, those giant black ships, all bigger than any skyscrapers, landed. He counted seven, but there were probably more. Another worrying thing was the sky. There was this massive shadow far away, looming over them like a reaper.

"Nervous?" Bucky asked Victor, while gently nudging him with his shoulder.

"Well, it's not my first time, but it's just..." As Victor spoke, he made sure his velvet box was safely hidden in the deepest of his pockets.

"Yeah, I get that." Bucky inspected his machine rifle for the hundredth time now. "But once the battle starts, you will just focus on what's happening before your eyes. Keep your nerves on the leash and when shit hits the fan, you let loose everything."

"Look at you, giving pep talks like Steven. He probably wouldn't swear, though." Victor allowed a small smile to grace his face, as he cracked his neck. As he did, he noticed Bruce Banner inside the Hulk buster suit, and his smile dropped.

"He picked the worst time for personal problems. We need the Hulk, but nooo Hulk can't handle one loss."

"You'd be surprised." Bucky brought Victor's focus back. Steven, Natasha and T'Challa returned from their brief conversation with the alien leaders. Seeing the pale and stern face of Rogers, Bucky asked. "So, I take it they are packing and leaving?"

"I hope so. I have shit to do." Victor added.

"Sadly, no. We do this the hard way." Steven stood now next to Victor as everyone watched the black ships opened and spew out a horde, no, a swarm of black dog-like creatures. Even with the distance separating them, they all could hear their violent and chaotic howling. The monsters throw themselves at the barrier, completely numb to its energies, roasting their skin and muscles. They clawed into the dome, desperately trying to open it.

 They clawed into the dome, desperately trying to open it

"We aren't the best diplomats." Natasha commented quietly. Even her, always perfectly controlled voice, cracked under the black sea of monsters that tried to swarm them.

"Ya think Romanoff?!" Sam shouted from the earpiece everyone had.

"They are like rabid dogs."

"Exactly. Now Victor." Faust looked at Captain America. "Remember what I told you about not holding back? Not in life and not in a fight?"

"I do. Don't worry Cap. I've got all the motivation I ever needed." He felt magic responding to his feelings. Energy surged through his blood and skin. Victor's gray eyes turned icy blue. The red veins on his arms, his permanent memento of Wanda, started to pulsate with scarlet radiance.