Chapter 11 : mental check up

It was time. Today was Tommys doctor appointment, his mental check up he liked to call it. Tommy hated it. He sat there in one of the rooms , waiting for Doctor Kristin , Together with Phil. The Twins would have come with them but Tommy had begged them to please just have Phil with him because he already knew he couldn't handle them all plus nurses and doctors.

"are you okay Mate?" Phil asked after five minutes. Tommy looked over to him with a confused expression "You have been frowning at the window for the last five minutes" he then explained

"oh- yea.. just nervous" Tommy mumbled. He knew what he would be asked , what he would have to answer and how this would go. But he didnt know how they would react to him not taking his pills for days now.. Would they be mad? Would Phil finally yell at him because he had spent money to get the pills but Tommy wasn't taking them?. And just then Doctor Kristin walked into the room with a clipboard and pen in hand

"Tommy ,  Mister Watson" she greeted them with a smile , closing the door behind herself and sitting down by the desk in the room

"Doctor Rosales" Phil greeted her

"hello Kristin" Tommy sighed. He had known her for years now , since he had first gotten to the Hospital and ever since then she was always her doctor and now he was even allowed to call her by her name.

"How are you feeling Toms?" Kristin then asked , looking at her board and ready to write down his answers. He hated it but she had promised him she would only write the necessary stuff and never what he didnt want anyone to know. She promised to always be there for him no matter what.

"I'm.. okay" he finally said

"thats Good to hear" she smiled "What did you do in the last few days? and how did it make you feel?" She asked innocently , but Tommy knew it was to know how the pills were affecting him. Was he still like before? smiling , crying and showing emotions? or were the pills taking the wrong effect and making him feel numb? making him not feel anything other then pain.

"I know what you really want to know Kristin. Just ask me" He grumbled  , her expression softening

"Okay.. how have the Pills making you feel? do you feel different? or-"

"I haven't been taking them." He interrupted her. He could hear Phil gasp behind him and saw Kristin look over his shoulder to Phil

"did you know about this sir?"

"No. I gave him the pill every morning like you said, and i saw him take them. Tommy how did you not take them without me noticing?" Phil asked , directing the question towards him at the end

"I-... I took them for maybe ten days at first? but they made me feel nothing.. i didn't feel happy or sad or anything! I just felt- numb. I didn't want that. and then i remembered a trick an old Foster brother had taught me how to trick people into thinking that i took them but to spit them out when they aren't looking " Tommy rambled and looked up at kristins questioning look ", that was in one of the houses thatxthat forced me to take pills." he sighed

"I remembered the trick and didnt take them then.. so since the- i think 16th or 17th? and i now feel- better.. not empty like with the pills.." He sniffed, tears threatening to spill any second.

"It's okay Toms.. but why didn't you tell me? We could have made an earlier appointment with Doctor rosales to talk about it and find an solution" Phil gently spoke

"It's true Tommy. We could have found an solution earlier" Kristin agreed. "Well ,  i will take the pills off and you won't have to take them anymore. I will write to your file that they effect you in the wrong way and aren't good for you so you never get them again. I won't give you any pills or anything again for now but we will have to do more checkups."

"okay.."

"good. Now lets see your weight , alright?" she gently smiled at him. He nodded and stood up , already knowing what to do.

Later when they were back at home Tommy was sand-witched between the Twins on the couch when Phil suddenly yelled for him. He looked questioning at the Twins but they both just shrugged and let him go to the Kitchen where Phil was waiting for him at the dining table with a mug of coffee infront of him and a hot chocolate on Tommys place.

"Whats going on?..." Tommy asked as he sat down

"Nothing bad , don't worry" Phil gently smiled at him

"Okay? so what is it?"

"well.. about you not talking to me or the Twins about how you felt or how you're feeling.." Phil started ,starring at his coffee "I hope you know you can always talk to us and don't have to hide anything from us okay? I know i already told you many times but i will say it as many times as i have to till you believe it. In this household no one will ever yell at you , hurt you in any way and never put a hand on you. If there is anything you want to talk about , want to tell me or are afraid to tell me ,  I promise to always stay calm. I will always use my words and talk about everything with you and the twins , no matter what it is you have to say or the boys."

"I-.." Tommy didn't know what to say ,  tears started falling from his eyes as he looked at Phil , who was now also looking back at him. "I-I'm sorry.. I know you won't hurt me but i can't stop thinking you someday will.. no matter how long i stay here and see how nice you guys are , this feeling wont go away! and i hate it! i hate- hate how i can't be not a-afraid.." Tommy sobbed. In a matter of seconds Phil was by his side and hugged him ,  in return he was quick to hug him back and sob onto his shoulders.

"It's okay.. The boys and i will never leave you. We will always be by your side , we will always love you and tell you how much we do love you till you can believe it. And even when you're scared , we won't back down, We will stay by your side and help you" Phil whispered to him , gently making circles onto his back.

"Thank you.. Dad.." Tommy whispered back.

If a few seconds later , the Twins walked in on the two both crying as they hugged , no one had to know.