An unexpected individual

DYLAN'S POV
I entered the party with Anabella, I knew she had eyes for me so why not take over the advantage and opportunity it brings? I was happy in my world but it subsided when I saw Marvin and Doris, entered the venue, I was so heartbroken as to what Doris had to do here again.

She shouldn't be here but she was hesitant and the security head Mr. Marvin must have been told by her parents to accompany her, no problem my job will be done. She walked straight to where Inspector Jamiu stood, I couldn't hear a thing they said and I was sure Marvin did not as well because Doris gave him the order to wait behind. I gazed at the diamond that had been exhibited in front of me, it looked just like my gem. This is proof that the mastermind is here and wants to do something big.

Suddenly, a man came into the venue ground wearing a hat, six feet in height and very dark in complexion. I don't know anything about him, he just came into the country and threw such a huge party and most importantly the most famous personalities are here, who is he?. I moved forward closer to find out who it was but I hit someone "Oh I am so sorry," I said and the lady also apologized but I looked down to see that it was Doris.

"You! What are you doing here?" she asked. I can't tell her the truth about what I have come to do here so I have to come up with a lie no matter what "Actually...I followed someone to this party and I didn't know you would be here as well" I answered. "Well, I understand you followed Anabella I saw her earlier," she said as she beamed a smile. "Yes," I answered but then I saw Thomas walking towards the barhouse then I understood she followed him.

"Well...I guess we are even you followed him right? And I could also see the reason why you did not bother to tell me that you were coming here. so that you could spend time with Thomas, well done. You know I threw him out of the house and you cannot get cozy with him so you decided to do it outside no problem, I can endure it all" I said as I laughed a little and went back to meet Anabella and I caught Doris staring while I gave a smile.

The loud cheers could be heard from the little crowd present while my focus and attention was on the wall clock which would strike midnight. There had been no sign of anyone doing something creepy so all my hopes were down but I couldn't lose myself. The lights went off suddenly and there was darkness even though I could not see anything, I strained my eyes to see well but I couldn't. I stood up from my seat and tried to find where the diamond was placed but when the lights came back on, I realized I was way off-point when I met myself in the hallway. I heard screams from inside then I rushed to check it out.

The diamond was gone!!!. Nothing was in the show glass anymore, it was gone. I saw Doris and Inspector Jamiu run outside as well then I understood that she must come with Jamiu as the new detective but that does not concern me. I rushed toward the back door and headed out quickly then I saw a man running towards the car parked far behind the building. I gave a hot chase quickly and caught up with him as he got into the car, I dragged him out of the car and locked him on the neck.

My eyes turned red as scales filled up my face. "Tell me, where is the diamond?" I asked him. "Who are you? what are you? leave me alone" he struggled to shout. "Tell me and you may live" I threatened him but he didn't want to say anything useful so I decided to hypnotize him to get the truth out of his mouth but he spoke up. "Bola... Bola tola told me to steal the diamond and I did it for money" he said as he struggled to breathe.

"Really! Where is the diamond?" I asked him. "I gave it to Bola immediately," he said and I looked lost. So this is the plan that Bola had, he must have known I overheard his discussion and planned this to make a fool of me. That is why he sent me after this man so I won't notice him meeting, seeing, or escaping with the diamond. Which means he still knows I am the Isnamerman or probably the fifth traitor we are looking for also knows. They played this game well to make me look lost, Bola must have gone to meet the chief traitor by now. Who could it be?