3

THE MENDER

°•°•°•°

Thought at first that it was unfair to fight a Diamond or Gold Rank, well, I'm thinking it this entire time. Silang lahat ay may malalakas na emission ng mana, compare sa'kin o sa kasamahan ko. Kaya di nila maitago ang ngiting tagumpay sa kanilang mga labi. It's scary to think but I must encourage myself to fight, at least not retracting.

Just like before, they attacked all at once. This Sabrina girl chose me as her victim of the day. Kung hindi ako nagkakamali isa siyang Diamond Rank. She's running towards my direction, hands glowed—probably magic. A mace was finely created. I've read about magic, so I'm familiar with some of it.

She's a Metal Magic User.

One can freely create any mettalic weapon.

“I really want you dead, but we're forbidden. A wound and small amount of blood might quench my thirst, wouldn't it?”

My eyes almost popped out realizing her beside me whispering creepy things, struck of her unnoticed agile which made me unable to respond that quick. As if time run very slow, I tried my best to peek on her, but only capture her side-grin then disappeared.

Nilingon ko ang paligid, yung iba kung kasamahan ang nahagip ng aking mga mata na abala sa pakikipaglaban.

Where is she?

“Be my prey,” it's only a matter of time that I quickly took defense of myself using the sword we bought yesterday. She descended from above propelling her mace on me.

“I'm surprise.” Her grin imprinted on her face. She's a battle maniac. Even myself was surprised knowing  that I'd never learned how to defend myself.

“How about this?”

Nagkaroon ng dalawang espada ang kanyang kamay, umataki agad siya sa akin.

I did counterattack every lashed in every side she aimed to. I'm all aware of this action I just did, which frightened me to core but amazed me at the same time. We both gasps air, others were done, and I planned on just quiting this. She's persistent in trying to wound me down.

Pinalitan niya ng hammer ang kanyang espada, bigla siyang nawala sa aking paningin. Dahil sa sobra niyang bilis di ko na nasabayan ang kanyang galaw.

A whooshed reached my ear to my left side, quickly turning my gaze to the left, and the nearness of the hammer's sole startled me. I stop the impact that'll be made by blocking it with the sword I bought. I merely managed the strong and powerful blow of her hammer. It pushed me far from her.

Naputol ang espada dahil sa lakas ng ataki niya. Binili pa naman to ni Curth, kahit mumurahin at hindi magandang kalidad 'to pero pinapahalagahan ko dahil bigay ng kaibigan ko. Tinitigan ko ito na wala ng silbi.

Anger rose inside my heart, a burst of flowing bitterness managed to sneak out of my being. I couldn't let anyone belittled me. Hindi ko alam ngunit gusto kong maghiganti, gusto ko siyang saktan, gusto kong ipaalam sa kanya na galit ako dahil sa ginawa niya. Something wants to come out—perhaps, someone.

Suddenly, the magic inside my body flows like a deep silent river, very calm. Not the immense power I'd felt while ago, different from it. It appeased my anger, this energy flows out of me. I beheld with my own eyes how my magic fixed the broken sword to its original form, just like brand new. It'd fixed my sword!

Sabrina's reaction was palpable, quickly taking it back and showed me her fierceness again.

“A Mender will never do harm compare to what I can do.”