CHAPTER 5: BUDDHA'S MOUNTAIN

After his long journey with his donkey and escape from the Lan Xichen with his juniors he was so exhausted that he stops where he found a well near at the tree.. he stops there and decided to take a break.. after a couple of minutes a groups people stop by at the well and decided to take a break from there journey as so..

"My lord, let's get going after you finish these straws, alright?!" Said the man as he tells his friends..

"How am I supposed to find fresh, dewy grass here? If you'll just follow your humble servant to tuna mountain, he'll let you eat you eat all that you want!" He said as he yelled at his friend (guess?🤔)

"Why is the pointer still not moving yet, now that we're at the mountain already?" He said as he looks at his compass.

A-cheng who he heard everything that the group was talking.. his attention went to them "a rogue cultivator* here to night-hunt?" He said to his thoughts..

"Maybe your compass is broken? The mountain is less than ten miles away. We need to be on our way again as soon as possible." He said to his friends.

A-cheng who is feeling down and exhausted from the hearing "I wonder if I'll be able to get a good ghoul to be my soldier over at tuna mountain..." He said to his thoughts. A young woman caught her attention to him and walks towards to him as she holding an single apple..

As she made it to him, she pats him on the shoulder as she smiled at him and hand an apple to him..

"Huh?" A-cheng said as he looks at her , "here you go" she said with a smile on her face... A-cheng looks at the apple and then to her.

"Thank you.." he said as he accept the apple that the young lady give him.. the donkey spotted the apple as it wans't it so badly, as it wanted to have a bite of it nor eat the whole apple.

A-cheng notice the donkey as the donkey was about to take a bite from the apple that he have it..

"What are you doing? This is for me!" A-cheng said as he little glared at his donkey..

The donkey was upset and sad at the same time as it looks to his new owner to the eyes and pleaded.. a-cheng saw this and think of an idea..

As he has an idea he grinned at his donkey looking scary nor creepy..

As the people who was so busy looking at the compass soon they heard a donkey. All of them looks towards to a young man riding a donkey and an apple who was tied up from the stick..

"LIL' APPLE! LET'S GO!!" He said as the donkey runs away along with him.. a-cheng turned his head as he smiled at the young lady watching him "THANK YOU FOR THE APPLE MISS!" a-cheng said waving at her goodbye, as the young lady smiled at him brightly and waved at him goodbye as will..

After an hour journey he made it at the (Tuna) BUDDHA MOUNTAIN, looking around as he saw a big mountain with a form of a face on the top..

"So it's called (tuna) Buddha mountain.." he said as the donkey walk towards to a village..

TOWN OF BUDDHA'S FEET

"None of the compasses of evil are showing anything. I don't think that there are any soul-consuming beasts or spirits in the area at all." Said the man on the middle with a compass on his hand..

"Even if the compasses aren't showing anything, it doesn't mean that nothing is in the area. They're showing the overall direction, anyways. It's not specific enough so we can't rely on it." He said still looking at the compass..

"Don't you remember who was the one that invented the compass of evil? I've never heard of anything that can interfere with the accuracy of it pointer." Said the man at the right as he looks at the compass and then to his friend.