Chapter 22

"Kya kr rhi ho mirha? (What are you doing?) "Arham asked as he sensed some noise in the room.

"Ye album dekhein na zra,mujhe btaein kon kon hai is mein? "(See this album and tell me who is in it?) Mirha replied.

"Mirha mere college ki pictures hain aur tum mere sab friends ko janti ho...mai thora busy hun,free ho k dekh lein?" (These are my college pictures and you know all my friends, I am a bit busy, we can see that later.)

"Rehny dein,mai khud hi dekh leti hun". (Forget it, I'll see myself)

"Arham!"

"Hmm?"

"Aapki convocation ki picture...ye dekhein! "(Look here is your convocation picture)

"Dhayan sy mirha,ye bs aik hi hai mere pas" (be careful with it, I have got only this one) he told

Ap ktny choty hain yahan...wo soft boy era type waly

Pagal

"Mirha"..She heard her mother's voice.

"Mai aati hun" and she ran outside.

"Jldi aa jana,mai bs free ho hi gya hun" (make it quick begum,I am almost done.) Arham told.

"And you were saying that you are done?" Mirha came inside looking at her husband still working.

"Almost.."

"Here it is,your saasu ma wants you to sleep tight." She placed a mug of warm milk on the table.

"Where is yours?"

"Do you think Ammi spared me? Nah she gave me two mugs."she showed him the mug in her hand.

"Good,otherwise I would have shared half of mine with you."

"Yes mr husband,I know that." She rolled her eyes and went back on her place...the couch,she placed her mug on the coffee table.

"Isn't it really cold today,let me close the windows." She got up to go but her foot twisted,she held the table to prevent from falling and her in the mean time she saw the milk was all over the table.

"Oh my!" She shreiked in fear as the milk as all over the table,on Arham's convocation picture.

"Kya hwa?" He turned to look and saw her holding the picture.

"Ye kharab ho gai hai." (Its gone all bad.)

"What the hell,aankhein kahan hoti hain tumhari...hdd hoti hai yar la parwahi ki,mai ny jb tumhe kaha tha k isy dhayan sy rakhna tou smjh nhi aai thi tumhe?" (Where were you looking,there is a limit of being clumsy,when I asked you to keep it safe,you didnt hear that? Did you?) Arham was hella angry on Mirha,He grabbed the picture from her hand and started wiping it with a tissue.

Mirha was hurt due to his shouting but trying to control her tears she grabbed the paper towel to clean the table.

"Chor do isy,mai khud kr lon ga." (Leave it,I will do it myself) His tone was still harsh and she gulped her tears leaving the paper towel.

Arham placed the picture after dabbing it dry on the tissues and then he cleaned the table.Mirha was in the bathroom letting her tears flow freely as she was badly hurt,she never saw his anger,it was her first time and she was hurt.When she came out,all the lights off room were off except for her side lamp,she saw Arham on his side of bed with his arm over his eyes.

She slid inside the blanket,turned off the lamp and tried to sleep...but she couldn't.She was silently weeping all the time.

--‐-----------‐