Chapter 91

After being discharged from the hospital, He Nian insisted on moving back from Wutong Street, but he rejected the housekeepers and nannies. Firstly, he didn't like outsiders coming in and out of the house, and secondly, he wanted to personally take care of Chu Xijin's three meals a day and daily activities.

The police came to the house twice to take notes. The truck driver and his wife failed to save their lives, leaving behind two small children. After negotiation, they were funded by a charity project invested by the Chu Group until they reached adulthood. The car accident was finally over.

Chu Xijin's injury prevented him from going to the company for the time being, and he had to go to the hospital for regular check-ups. Apart from some important decisions, it was rare to have any free time when working from home.

Cicadas sing in June as the final exam approaches. The injury on New Year's arm is not serious. The gauze was removed in a few days. He quickly recovers. He gets up early every day to make nutritious meals, then rushes to school to review, and comes back to cook ginseng again in the evening. Tang, help Chu Xijin take a bath.

Sometimes I'm so busy that I don't stop all day long. When I get home, my tired face turns red, and I lie down on the sofa and fall asleep.

Chu Xijin felt distressed and coaxed him several times, but He Nian insisted on doing this and that. He was like a little sun, and being busy made him feel fulfilled and happy.

Cheng Xun asked He Nian curiously: "Is falling in love really that good? Why do you look so happy every day?"

"I heard that you have an unusual relationship with Chairman Huo Jingnan..." He Nian did not say whether it was good or not, but instead smiled and lowered his voice:

"They're all living in other people's homes."

"Ouch! Don't listen to their nonsense!" Cheng Xun seemed to have been stepped on, his expression a little anxious:

"I don't like him. Our relationship is purely about money transactions. I want his money. Apart from him, how can I find a job that easily earns 10,000 yuan a month? Now his cats and dogs can't live without me. ."

As he spoke, he compared the numbers with his hands and said proudly: "I even asked him to raise the price recently. Now it's 20,000 yuan a month. Moreover, he is also the chairman of the student union, so it's much more convenient to do things..."

"Ahem, stop talking." He Nian winked at him hurriedly. Cheng Xun didn't react. He only felt that there was a huge thing behind him that blocked all the sunlight. There was a shadow under his feet. The next second he heard Huo Jingnan's indifferent voice:

"Yeah?"

"No, no!" Cheng Xun didn't dare to turn around. He reflexively said to He Nian, "Let's go now," and ran away with his waist high.

Huo Jingnan stood there with no reaction. He said hello to He Nian first, then looked at the figure who was escaping in a hurry, and said calmly:

"I haven't paid this month's salary yet."

Cheng Xun paused.

"I count three numbers, 3, 2..."

1 Before landing, Cheng Xun trotted back to Huo Jingnan and smiled flatteringly at the sponsor's father:

"Hey, go back now, go back now."

Huo Jingnan was slightly satisfied, then thought about what he had just heard, his expression dimmed, he looked at the person and smiled lukewarmly:

"That's an ugly smile."

In the blink of an eye, half a month later, Chu Xijin usually focused on exercising to strengthen his body and bones, and he had almost recovered.