Chapter 78

The wind was strong on the way back, and it didn't snow much in the winter in the city. It was dry and cold. He Nian stared at the toes of his shoes, not knowing when he stepped into a puddle, and he stamped his feet on the wet and freezing ground.

There was no one at the bus stop. He Nian put the courier on the bench. He rubbed his cold face, but he was afraid that he looked too embarrassed now, so he only called back the voice call.

In just two or three seconds, Chu Xijin's deep voice came from the phone against his ear:

"What are you busy with? Have you eaten?"

Just hearing the sound made He Nian smile subconsciously. The knuckles holding the phone were red, and even his eyes were filled with joy, making him look a little silly.

"Well, after eating, I went to pick up a courier. The newly opened inn is a bit far away, several kilometers away."

The two of them didn't exchange a few words before the bus came. Chu Xijin heard the sound of coins through his mobile phone. He waited patiently for a while, and only after making sure to get on the bus did he ask:

"Can I make a video call?"

He Nian immediately adjusted the camera direction and said yes.

He sat in the last row by the window. The air conditioner in the bus was warm, and there was a layer of mist on the glass windows. The scenery outside passed by quickly.

Suddenly entering a space where the temperature rose, the face that had been blown red by the cold wind began to feel hot, and the wounds on the palms of his hands also felt numb and painful.

In the video, Chu Xijin seemed to be in the study room of his old house. The surrounding environment was a bit dark, and he could only see the man's broad shoulders and jaw, as well as the mahogany-colored book wall.

"Sir, I can't see you."

He Nian's body was half leaning on the back of the chair. He didn't even notice that there was a piece of ash on his forehead. When he was trying to grab the ring just now, he was hit on the chin by Wo Guolian with his arm. Now the right side of his face was swollen.

The video trembled for a while. Chu Xijin looked at He Nian's little face and felt something keenly.

"Come closer." His tone was a little tough, but he quickly added:

"Baby, what happened to your chin?"

He Nian frowned lightly and said with a smile, "Maybe I accidentally knocked it. It doesn't hurt."

It wasn't serious in itself. He was afraid that his husband would be worried, so he took the initiative to change the subject and talk about recent events, even a delicious bamboo tube rice restaurant that had just opened on the street.

Chu Xijin liked to hear him speak softly and energetically.

As he was about to hang up the phone, thinking that the two of them were still far away from meeting each other, he felt a little depressed during the New Year greetings. He was reluctant to hang up the phone, looked at the man in the video and muttered:

"Sir, I miss you so much."

His voice sounded pitiful, like a kitten abandoned by its owner, and he looked aggrieved. Chu Xijin felt a softness collapse in his heart, and he made a temporary decision.

"I'm going to go to City A in the next two days."

At first, the New Year greeter didn't realize it. He had to pass by the inner city on his way to City A. After understanding what the man meant, his tone was obviously excited and cheerful, and he stared at the screen with bright eyes.