Chapter 20

On the way back to Twilight Manor, Chu Xijin was on the phone with a Bluetooth headset, his face was serious, and his words were mostly about work.

The car window was half-open, the sun had set, and the sky had darkened, leaving some dark blue.

He Nian sat quietly in the passenger seat, with the warm wind blowing in and the soft hair blowing away from his forehead.

Emotions were like chronic drugs, sensitive and slow, bit by bit, and at first he couldn't feel it. Later, after discovering the truth, in addition to the heart-pounding joy, there was more fear and worry.

He began to become greedy and insecure. He had to be careful because he could not bear the bad consequences.

He Nian looked at the green birch trees on the roadside. The summer in this city was particularly warm. His side face was reflected in the car window glass, and his hands were holding on to the seat belt extra tightly.

In the end, his eyes were probably sore. As soon as he closed his eyes, he heard Mr. Chu say:

"I'm going on a business trip tomorrow morning and I may not be able to come back for a while."

He Nian opened his eyes and turned around, still holding a bottle of milk in his arms. The sleepiness after the meal had long since dissipated, and his head was still a little dazed. He said slowly:

"Going somewhere far away?"

"Well, in the UK, the processing speed is about ten days a day, and if it is slow, it takes a month."

Before he left, He Nian already felt a little empty and lonely. He had never been abroad, but he knew where Britain was on the map and it took more than ten hours to fly.

This was the second time he regretted today. If he had known that his husband would be on a business trip for so long, he shouldn't have been awkward all night. A smart man like his husband must have noticed it.

I felt depressed during the New Year greetings and whispered to myself:

"So long?"

"Call me if you need anything."

Chu Xijin parked the car steadily at the entrance of Twilight Manor. He turned his head and looked at the New Year greetings. The round-necked clothes made him quiet and well-behaved, but he was too thin and his chin was pointed.

"anytime."

He Nian gathered his mood, raised his face and smiled at the man, then nodded, but his body did not make any move.

After getting off the bus, I didn't see Mr. Chu for more than half a month.

The lights on the roadside shone on He Nian, and shadows fell on his black and long eyelashes.

Chu Xijin felt soft and subconsciously reached out to touch He Nian's head. The latter obviously felt it and quietly tilted his head towards the man.

The expected big hand did not fall, and there was no calming force coming from the top of his head. He Nian hoped that his husband could touch him, even if it was just a hair.

However, Chu Xijin turned on the lights in the car, and the entire car suddenly lit up. He explained again:

"You have to eat on time. If you are too thin, your body's resistance will decrease. From now on, the restaurant will bring soup to you every day, and you have to drink it all. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." He young man shouted, looking into the man's eyes without blinking. He licked his lips nervously, and finally opened his mouth and said dryly: