Chapter 35: Tender Dreams and Painful Memories 🌙🍼

INT. DOVE CAMERON'S HOUSE - DAY

The atmosphere in the house is filled with a sense of restlessness. Little Melanie, usually full of energy, clings to Dove Cameron, whining softly and refusing to settle down.

Dove Cameron: (softly) What's the matter, sweetheart?

Little Melanie: (teary-eyed) No sleepy, Mama.

Dove Cameron, concerned, tries to comfort her age-regressed daughter.

Dove Cameron: (hugging her) Shh, it's okay, love. Maybe a nap will make you feel better.

Little Melanie shakes her head, resisting the idea of a nap. The day continues with her restlessness, and Dove Cameron patiently tends to her needs.

INT. LITTLE MELANIE'S NURSERY - LATER

As evening falls, Little Melanie finally succumbs to sleep in her crib. The room is bathed in a soft glow from the nightlight.

Dove Cameron: (whispering) Sweet dreams, my love.

As Little Melanie drifts into slumber, a vivid flashback unfolds.

FLASHBACK - LITTLE MELANIE'S PAST

In a dimly lit room, a much younger Melanie, then just a baby, lies in a crib. The surroundings are chaotic, and the air is heavy with the scent of substances. Remy Martinez, Melanie's birth mother, looks disheveled and desperate.

Remy Martinez: (slurring) Just one more score, and everything will be fine.

In a heart-wrenching moment, Remy makes a devastating choice. She takes a trembling baby Melanie and hands her over to a shadowy figure in exchange for a small packet.

Shadowy Figure: (grinning) Pleasure doing business with you.

As the figure disappears into the darkness, leaving behind a heartbroken Remy, baby Melanie is carried away from the only semblance of a home she had ever known.

INT. DOVE CAMERON'S HOUSE - CONTINUOUS

Dove Cameron, unaware of the painful memories resurfacing in Little Melanie's dreams, watches over her age-regressed daughter with a mixture of love and sorrow.

Dove Cameron: (whispering) You're safe now, my precious one.

As Little Melanie sleeps, Dove Cameron reflects on the resilience of her daughter and the healing journey that lies ahead.