Chapter 22: Shopping🛒👩‍👧🌈

INT. DEPARTMENT STORE - DAY

Dove Cameron, determined to create a haven of safety for Little Melanie, guides her through the aisles of the department store. The bright lights and cheerful atmosphere help dispel the lingering shadows.

Dove Cameron: (smiling) How about we get some things for your room, my lovebug?

Little Melanie: (nodding) Yesh, Mama!

As they explore, Dove Cameron spots the baby aisle and has a thoughtful idea.

Dove Cameron: (whispering) Let's get something special for you.

She gently lifts Little Melanie and places her in the shopping cart, eliciting giggles from the little one.

Little Melanie: (laughing) Up high, Mama!

Dove Cameron pushes the cart towards the baby aisle, where they find a display of baby monitors.

Dove Cameron: (choosing a baby cam) How about this, lovebug? A little guardian for your room.

Little Melanie: (clapping) Guardian?

Dove Cameron: (nodding) Yes, I'll watch over you and make sure you have sweet dreams.

After picking up the baby cam, Dove Cameron continues to gather items for Little Melanie's room, creating a space filled with warmth and security.

INT. DOVE CAMERON'S HOUSE - LITTLE MELANIE'S ROOM - NIGHT

The baby cam is set up, casting a soft glow in the room. Dove Cameron tucks Little Melanie into bed, making sure the plushie bunny and pacifier are within reach.

Dove Cameron: (kissing her forehead) The guardian is watching over you, my sweet princess.

Little Melanie: (hugging her plushie bunny) Tank you, Mama.

As Little Melanie drifts into a peaceful sleep, Dove Cameron, watching the baby cam, feels a sense of accomplishment. The room is now filled with love and protective whispers, ensuring that nightmares and shadows have no place in their haven.