Turnabout Samurai Trial Day 1

Start from the beginning

Will: I-I didn’t go to the studio! I was s-sleeping, honest. 

Maya: So who was the “Steel Samurai” in that security photo? 

Will: How should I know? The Steel Samurai costume was off in the corner of the dressing room. Anyone could have walked in and taken it, really. 

Maya: What!? You should take better care of that stuff! 

Will: I couldn’t imagine anyone would want to steal a Steel Samurai costume! So… where does this leave me? 

Phoenix: It doesn’t look good… 

Will: *sniff* 

Ryan: You’re the only suspect, right now. 

Maya: Nick! Fake Nick! W-what are we going to do!? 

Phoenix: First, we play for more time. We’ll start targeting someone else that could conceivably have done this! 

Ryan: And that way, we can get the blame off of Powers for now! 

Maya: Right! And it’ll take them so long to shoot us down that we can get another day! 

Phoenix: Right… but if we pick the wrong person, we might lose on the spot. 

Will: You… don’t sound very optimistic. 

Phoenix: I’m not optimistic at all, actually. 

Maya: Hey, Nick. Fake Nick. It's time. 

Ryan: It’s already time to go back, huh? 

Phoenix: Okay. Let’s go. *sigh* 

Will: What does that mean… Please don’t sigh like that! *sniff* 

He said in confusion as the five minute recess was over as everyone came back into the courtroom as the Judge slammed down his gavel signaling the trial to begin again. 

Judge: The court will now reconvene for the trial of Mr. Will Powers. Mr. Edgeworth, will you present the prosecution’s thoughts on this matter? 

Edgeworth: The prosecution’s thoughts are simple. Nothing has changed. The other person who went to the studio  was a boy of roughly 10 years of age. The photo we do have may not to be hard evidence… But there is still no one else that could have committed this crime! I call for a verdict of “guilty” for the defendant, Mr. Will Powers! 

Judge: Hmm… Very well, Mr. Wright, your thoughts? 

Phoenix: The defense disagrees with the prosecution’s claim. There IS another person who could have committed this crime! 

He said as those words caused the gallery to whisper to each other as the Judge slammed down his gavel silencing everyone before speaking. 

Judge: Order! Interesting… Let us hear who you have in mind! However… Be aware that this court does not look kindly on accusing the innocent. If you accuse someone who is obviously innocent, you will be penalized. 

Phoenix: ‘Right. Great. As if the stakes weren’t high enough.’ 

Judge: So, who was this person other than Mr. Powers that could have committed murder? 

Phoenix: …It was the security lady! Wendy Oldbag! 

Oldbag: W-who!? 

Phoenix: The Steel Samurai is dragging his leg in this picture. That means whoever was in the suit knew about that morning’s injury. Maybe because… they had been watching the action scene run-through! There was only one person other than Powers and Hammer who knew about the injury. The security lady, Oldbag!