Chapter 11 - Next Gen Shadow Guards

One month later...
Ryke was doing push-ups while giving instructions. The next gen was all doing push-ups as well. The next gen still being Iza, Pluto, Dominic, Jenna, Rayna, Jaqu, Benny, Elijah, and Cokoris. Yizen and Piper were at the side watching them. Lidia (Gem and Luna's daughter) and Daniel (Megan and Avery's son) were helping by sitting on one of their backs when Piper or Yizen said so. And then Phillip was at the side taking notes. Haru was waiting for instructions.
"Lidia, Benny." Piper said. Lidia jumped off of Iza and full jumped onto Benny's back. Haru was practically drooling while staring at Elijah.
"Daniel, Jenna." Yizen said. Daniel jumped off of Coco and onto Jenna.
"Tomorrow, you guys will be training with current shadow guards. We will be doing one of those competitions whoever is the best wins. But. It'll be a little different this time." Ryke explained as he finished his push-ups. He stood up and looked at Piper.
"If one of you beat the current shadow guards, you will become a full shadow guard. We already did our bets." Piper explained. Everyone stopped doing their pushups.
"Up." Ryke said. Daniel and Lidia jumped off and rushed to Phillip. Everyone stood up and stood in their stance.
"And whom you'll all be against will be put as brackets. We do this one time with each group. We did it only once with the first gen and me and Piper. And then it was the current and the first gen. Now, it'll be the next gen and the current gen. Understood?" Ryke explained.
"Understood." The next gen said. Ryke nodded and turned away.
"Oh, and it'll be Ramon, Mateo, and Piper watching the matches." Ryke smiled. Everyone turned to Dominic. Dominic frowned immediately. Pluto snickered and faced forward. Dominic heard Pluto and he turned to him quickly with a fowl glare.
"Alright. You are all dismissed. Sleep well." Ryke said. And then they all waited for Ryke, Piper, and Yizen left. Then Hm they moved. Dominic quickly turned to Pluto's and walked over to him quickly. Coco's eyes widened.
"No! Dominic no!" Coco yelled. Dominic shoved into Pluto.
"You fucking dick!" Dominic yelled angeredly. Pluto looked at Dominic and he smiled.
"Aww, it's poor wittle Dominic afraid of his own Shadow Guard father?" Pluto teased to make Dominic mad. Dominic chuckled and then he quickly went to choke Pluto. Pluto backed up calmly and then Coco and Jaqu grabbed Dominic.
"Don't Nic!" Jaqu yelled.
"You are a team, Dominic. You can't fight him!" Coco yelled.
"I'd rather die before I ever become a team with that fake shit." Dominic said strictly, trying to kick Pluto. Pluto smiled and he turned away.
"Good job today, "team". Pluto said kindly before he left. Dominic tried to calm down.
"FUCK!" Dominic screamed. Jaqu frowned. Coco let go of Dominic. Jaqu did too. Dominic stood there and he let out a sigh.
"I hate him." Dominic muttered.
That night: Dominic, Duke, and Ramon went out for dinner. They were eating together.
"I'm excited for tomorrow. I think you are finally ready to beat the current gen." Ramon said.
"A shadow gaurd at 16. Ain't that something." Duke said. Dominic went to eat but then he set his fork down. He looked down.
"Pluto is better than me." Dominic said. Duke and Ramon looked at Dominic and then to each other.
"Of course he is. He's Ryke's son. He doesn't just let Pluto sit around and eat out like any of you do." Ramon said. Dominic glanced up at his father.
"Eh?" Dominic questioned. Duke sighed.
"Let's just say, if Pluto doesn't win tomorrow, Ryke won't be very happy, at all." Duke said. Dominic immediately grinned.
With Ryke in the same moment... Ryke was eating dinner with Theo. Theo sipped a cup of wine.
"Hey, you won't be to hard of Pluto if he doesn't win tomorrow, right?" Theo asked. Ryke looked at Theo.
"He's gotta learn discipline." Ryke said. Theo frowned.
"I wish he didn't want to be a shadow guard." Theo said. Ryke frowned and touched his cheek.
"I know." Ryke said.
Up stairs, Pluto was doing push-ups as he listened to his parents. After he did over 10,000 in 30 minutes, he stopped and he sat on his butt against the wall next to his door. He sighed and set his head back against the wall. He covered his face and then he turned to his window. He smiled and stood up. He grabbed his coat and his hat. And then he went out his window. He quietly snuck down the house and then he walked off. He walked into the kingdom and up to an outdoor cafe. Jordan, Evelyn, Wolfe, and Haru were there. Pluto walked up and sat next to them.
"Heya der Pluto." Jordan said.
"Get scolded?" Evelyn asked.
"I did 10000 pushups in the time they were done talking about me downstairs." Pluto said.
"Yeesh." Evelyn said. Pluto looked at Wolfe.
"You are alive?" Pluto asked.
"Wish I wasn't." Wolfe said with a mutter. He was faced down on the table. Pluto looked away awkwardly.
"So... where is Jadah and Teddy?" Pluto asked.
"Not here?" Haru shrugged.
"Aww." Pluto complained.
"You like Teddy don't you?" Evelyn asked curiously.
"No, he doesn't. He doesn't have time to like someone." Jordan said. Evelyn gasped.
"PLUTO! My birthday is next week! You coming?" Evelyn asked. Pluto shrugged. Haru and Wolfe looked at Evelyn and then they both saw behind her. Dominic, Duke, and Roman were coming towards them to go home. Wolfe tapped Pluto. Pluto looked at Wolfe.
"Hide." Haru said. Pluto blinked and looked around. He saw Dominic.
"Shit." Pluto said before he went into the cafe. Then Dominic, Duke, and Ramon passed by.
"Hey Duke! Ramon." Haru said nicely to not cause suspicion.
"Hey Haru. Whatcha doing tonight?" Duke asked.
"Just hanging with the friends. We were hoping for Pluto to join but you know Ryke." Haru said with a shrug. Evelyn stood up quickly.
"OH! WE CAN JUST SNEAK HIS ASS OUT!" Evelyn squealed.
"No! He'll be dead if Ryke or Theo found out." Jordan said. Wolfe rolled his eyes and slammed his head on the table. Jordan gave Wolfe a couple Zenos under the table.
"Pluto's hot." Wolfe said, saying that for the money. Dominic flinched and turned to Wolfe.
"You think he's worth loving? He's not." Dominic said strictly. Wolfe lifted his head and held up the Zenos.
"Nah, I just said that for money." Wolfe said as he stuck the money in his pockets. Dominic looked at Wolfe.
"Alright... we'll, see you all later." Duke said.
"Bye!" Evelyn cheered. Dominic followed Duke and Ramon from behind. He turned back and he saw Evelyn smiling with a giggle. Dominic was suspicious now and he left.
"You are fine now, Pluto." Jordan said. Pluto came out of the cafe and looked down the road. Nothing. He sighed and sat down next to Wolfe.
"Nic hates your guts." Haru said.
"Hell no. Did you see how he acted when Wolfe said Pluto was hot. He flipped out. He was jealous for sure." Jordan said quickly in protest. Pluto wasn't listening. He was sat back in the chair.
They were half way home when Dominic remembered that he forgot to go to Ian's cafe to tell Damien something so he turned back. He ran up to the cafe and went in. When he came out, he heard squeals and wheezes. He turned down the street at the cafe that Haru and the others were at. That's when he saw Pluto. Pluto was laughing. Dominic saw him and he grinned. Then he left.
The next day: all of the current gen and the next gen were lined up. The current gen being Ezra, Timothy, Jonas, Olivia, and Berry. Piper, Ramon, and Mateo were in front of them while Nalina and Haru set up the bracket board with Phillip listing out the names. When they finished, they all stepped back. Phillip, Nalina, and Haru sat down at the side where they normally stand. And then every first gen shadow guard walked in to watch. This meant Ryke, Jackson, Yizen, Ren, Atlas, Jax, Luna, and Karon. Henry and Duke were stuck on duty watching the queens. They stood to the side to watch.
"You all know how this works, I'm sure. The first person on the ground for 10 seconds or more loses." Ramon called out.
"Alright. First bracket." Piper spoke out. Mateo looked over at the bracket board and then he turned to the group of young or to be shadow guards.
"Timothy vs Jenna." Mateo spoke out. Everyone else moved back until the hit the wall and they stayed still. Jenna and Timothy began to fight. And at the end of that long fight, Jenna won. She pinned Timothy down to the ground holding his head to the ground too. Coco and Benny clapped.
"Good job Jenna!" Coco cheered. Jenna smiled and stood up. She helped Timothy up. Jenna and Timothy both walked over to everyone else. Ezra pat the top of Timothy's head.
"I'll avenge you." Ezra teased. Timothy chuckled. Nalina moved the bracket. Jenna was up against whoever wins the next round.
"Alright! Next up... Coco vs Ezra." Ramon spoke out. Ezra smiled and turned to Phillip. Phillip heard Ezra's name and he had looked up. He smiled and worded "good luck" with his lips. Ezra smiled and walked out. Benny kissed Coco's cheek.
"Good luck darling." Benny said. Coco smiled and walked out. Piper stared at them all. She crossed her arms. Coco and Ezra turned to each other. They both bowed their heads for a fair fight and then the started to fight. As they were fighting, Dominic couldn't help wut look over at Pluto. Pluto was studying the Coco. Coco made Ezra fall to the ground. And that's when Pluto shook his head in disappointment. Dominic flinched and turned to Coco and Ezra. It looked as if Coco was winning. He glanced over and saw all the first gen shadow guards shaking their head or whispering. Dominic quickly turned to Coco and Ezra. Ezra quickly kicked Coco off and Ezra stood up quickly. Coco lost balance and fell down. He bumped his head and he grew dizzy. Ezra rushed to him and held him down on the ground but gently to not hurt his head. Ten seconds up.
"You ok? You just hit your nerve." Ezra said. Coco nodded, keeping his eyes shut.
"Just dizzy." Coco mumbled. Haru ran over to Coco.
"Ezra wins." Piper said. Haru and Ezra helped Coco to the side. Benny frowned. They set him down and leaned him against the wall.
"Get him ice." Ezra said. And then Haru left to get ice. Benny knelt down and touched Coco's cheek.
"You almost did it." Benny said nicely. Coco smiled. Pluto wasn't gonna do anything but he did anyways. He knelt down next to Coco.
"You can't pin someone to the ground after a lunch. It's to obvious and it's easy to recover from." Pluto said silently to Coco. Dominic saw Pluto talking to Coco. And Coco looked enlightened. Nalina moved the bracket. Now Ezra would fight Jenna later.
"Next, Elijah and Berry." Piper spoke out. Haru was back with the ice and he frowned when he heard Elijah and Berry. Berry was really aggressive... but he's the youngest of the current gen. Elijah and Berry walked out. They bowed their heads and then they fought. And Elijah couldn't catch up. Berry was to fast and he just kept going with hits. Elijah started to panic and he dodged. He went to hit but then Berry just stopped. He moved over calmly. Elijah flinched. Berry grabbed Elijah's arm and quickly swung him to the ground hardly. Elijah was at loss of air. Piper flinched. Berry looked down at Elijah. Elijah didn't get up. He was to scared to face Berry again.
"Alright. Berry wins." Piper said. Berry held his hand out to help Elijah up. Elijah slowly took Berry's hand and lifted up. He was nervous. They went to the side. Nalina moved the bracket. Dominic looked at Elijah.
"You good?" Dominic asked. Elijah nodded.
"He's scary." Elijah mumbled. Dominic looked at Berry and then he turned to Elijah.
"Want me to beat his ass for you?" Dominic asked, pointing g at the brackets. Elijah smiled.
"If you can beat Benny." Elijah teased.
"Of course I can." Dominic said. At that same moment Pluto was walking passed to see Ryke. He stopped and turned to Dominic.
"Is that so?" Pluto asked. Dominic looked at Pluto.
"Oh fuck off. You are just scared because you won't be able to beat your opponent." Dominic said.
"So we are on the subject of you?" Pluto asked. Dominic flinched.
"I hope I'll go up against you so that I can beat the shit out of you." Dominic said. Pluto stared at Dominic and then he turned away. He left. Dominic flinched and watched Pluto leave. He blinked and then looked at Elijah. Elijah's jaw dropped.
"He didn't insult you-" Elijah mumbled. Dominic rolled his eyes.
"Dominic vs Benny." Piper spoke. Dominic turned to Benny. Benny was holding the icepack to Coco's head. Then he stood up and looked at Dominic. They walked forward. In the end, Dominic won. Dominic was skilled at his dodge and sword so he was a little weak in a physical fight. Then it was Pluto vs Rayna. And in amazement, it was only one minute until Pluto got Rayna to the ground. Ryke smiled and crossed his arms. The next was Olivia and Jaqu. Olivia won. And finally, it was Iza vs Jonas. Jonas won.