I picked up the phone on the table and took a look. There was a message and a red envelope lying quietly on it. It said "Happy birthday, son."

"Mom is in the hospital, and your father's condition has stabilized a lot. Take care of yourself outside and buy some delicious food for your birthday."

He Nian's eyes were warm and his heart was warm. He stared at the screen for a while, and finally typed back:

"Thank you, Mom."

At the same time, another message popped up on the phone.

[Lin Fengzhai]: Something happened, so I won't be back.

The last ray of sunset disappeared and the store was very quiet. He Nian raised his head and blinked his sour eyes. He took out his own small cake and lit candles.

After today, he will be twenty years old and an adult.

A person's birthday also requires a wish.

As soon as he closed his eyes, a customer came into the store.

"Hello."

A gentle and magnetic voice fell into my ears.

He Nian quickly blew out the candles, turned around and was slightly startled.

The man in front of him is tall, with broad shoulders and narrow waist. He is wearing a well-tailored suit that has been ironed to fit him. His facial features are very handsome. Just standing makes people feel mature, stable, and elegant.

"Sir, I'm off work now. If necessary, I may not be able to pick it up until tomorrow morning at the earliest."

Chu Xijin's eyes fell on He Nian's face. The skin was very fair, especially the deer eyes were black and shiny under the light. He paused for a moment and looked away.

"Order number 0057, Chu Han."

"Oh, okay, please take a seat first. I'll pack it up soon."

It was quite satisfactory, and the last order was completed. He could probably guess the identity of the man in the store, because his facial features were very similar to Chu Han's.

During the Lunar New Year, I took the cake out of the display window, packed it in a packaging box, and finally tied a beautiful bow.

Chu Xijin looked at the person busy next to the glass cabinet. He could tell from his limbs alone that he was very thin, as thin as a white crane.

He was far different from the boy with the light in his eyes that he had seen two years ago.

"Did you open this shop yourself?"

As if he didn't expect this customer to take the initiative to chat, He Nian turned around and smiled shyly: "Well, it has been open for more than half a year. It is close to F University and there are many students and business."

Chu Xijin didn't ask any more questions and placed the packed cake on the long table.

"Sir, the total is one hundred and twenty. I paid forty in advance. You only have to pay eighty yuan."

Chu Xijin nodded and took his mobile phone to pay.

He received a call in the evening saying that Chu Han had sprained his ankle while running to play basketball and fell. He was screaming in pain and finally went to the hospital for a X-ray examination. The doctor said that his ankle was slightly fractured and that he would be injured for a hundred days.

It was nearly nine o'clock when the hospital was finished, but Chu Han made a fuss and ordered a cake, which he made an appointment to pick up at six o'clock. He was embarrassed to break his promise, and the boss seemed very sincere. What if he kept waiting for him? In the end, I could only ask his brother to make a trip.

After Chu Xijin paid for it, he carried the cake and was about to leave. When he turned around, he found a cake at the end of the long table with a candle with a number on it, 20.

Suddenly I remembered that the candles on the cake had been blown out in a hurry when I just entered the door.

Understanding in his heart, he lowered his head and took out a pen from his pocket and placed it on the long table as compensation.

"Happy birthday."

He Nian opened his eyes wide and was a little flattered. He looked up at the man, but then waved his hands hurriedly and said:

"Sir, thank you very much, but I can't accept the gift..."

The pen was black and gold in color, with the iconic six-pointed star on the top of the cap. It looked valuable, but it was really too valuable.

"It doesn't matter, just accept it." Chu Xijin said with a smile, "Xiaohan likes the cake you made very much."

For such a gift and kindness from a stranger, I am very grateful for the New Year, and the low mood of the day seems to have been alleviated a lot.

The house he rented was just above the store. It was not large, 35 square meters, but it was enough to live in.

There were a lot of ingredients left in the refrigerator, so he got up early in the morning to buy groceries. He was happy for this meal for a long time, but he didn't expect that Lin Fengzhai would be unable to come back due to something unexpected.

As for the name on the other end of the phone, He Nian didn't want to think too much about it, or maybe he was like an ostrich, sensing danger and subconsciously choosing to escape.

In fact, he didn't care whether it was his birthday or not. He was not a person who pursued a sense of ceremony. He just wanted to have a chance to have a good meal with Lin Fengzhai and increase his sense of presence. Maybe this was quite annoying.

He Nian was lying on the sofa exhausted, feeling groggy, and his legs were very sore. Zhou Ran asked for leave today. In the afternoon, he delivered many orders by himself. The van that delivered the goods to him also came and moved another one. Car's goods.

The living room was very quiet. He Nian fell asleep in a daze. When he woke up, it was already 1:30 in the morning. He lightly knocked his eyelashes a few times. He was a little hungry but had no appetite for food.

I dealt with several news pop-ups on my phone but there was no message. I waited all day but still didn't get a happy birthday.

Lin Fengzhai has a picky lifestyle, so he usually comes here mostly to eat, but he doesn't stay overnight. His New Year cooking skills are very good, and he occasionally gets compliments.

He slowly clicked his profile picture, and there were a lot of messages in the dialog box. The green ones were very long, and the white ones were very short. Most of them were um, I got it, I was in class, I was busy... I don't know if they were responses. Which one.

In the end, he chose to send a message during the New Year greetings. After thinking for a long time, he typed out a line: "Feng Zhai, let me know when you come back tomorrow so that I can cook."

Message sent successfully.

He Nian thought, it would be great if Lin Fengzhai could reply with a happy birthday, so that he could be forgiven for his carelessness.

Buzz.

The phone vibrated, and he looked down at He Nian. There were only four words, so he didn't even need to click on them.

"He fell asleep."

His eyes were a little sore, He Nian turned off his cell phone, sat alone on the sofa and stared at the window in a daze. Finally, he buried his head in his arms and sobbed softly. His chest was so uncomfortable that he couldn't breathe. In the end, only trembling sobs remained.

Lin Fengzhai seemed to have gone to find someone else.

In the hotel, Bai Luoyu was wearing a white bathrobe. His fair skin was covered with hickeys and bite marks. It could be seen that the battle was fierce. The large blush at the corners of his eyes had not dissipated, and Lin Fengzhai had indeed fallen asleep.

The phone next to the pillow lit up, and the message was called Happy New Year. The message came so late, but the question was a commonplace one.

Bai Luoyu looked through the chat history between the two of them, but it was not a warm relationship. He was not sure of the other party's identity, so he just replied vaguely that he was asleep.