26 - I'm sorry for being muscular

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yes. When you become a princess, I'm sure the prince won't ever leave your side ever." Jason bumped his nose with mine.

"Well, I hope the prince not get tired of me." I sighed dramatically.

"I don't think he will ever." Jason whispered.

"I- I love you." I whispered, Jason smile widened.

"Say it again."

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you, Jason Gilbert, so so much."

"Again" he laughed.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." I giggled, kissing his nose, then his cheek, then his chin. He pulled back, leaned his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." He said, kissing on my lips.

So this is what being in love feels like. You feel safe, and whole, and nothing matters except the fact that you're with the one you're in love with.

I was in love.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Jason stayed the whole night. And no, we did not do anything like that. Don't get your dirty hopes up. He left in the early morning to sneak back home. We didn't talk much, We just made out, a lot. He'd been coming over for the whole week.

"Stop pushing me!" I whisper yelled at my brother.

"Well, I'm sorry for being muscular." His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"Pfft. You muscular?"

"Uh, duh."

"Gross." I commented, pushing him over to look through the hole.

"Look, how about this, we both take turns looking through the hole." Ashton suggested.

"Okay, fine, but I'm first." I said, crossing my arms. Ashton nodded and sat on the bed, we both turned quiet as we listened to what was going on. We were once again in one of the hidden rooms. We didn't know what they were for, but you can definitely eavesdrop and spy on what was happening in th nearby room. The hidden room we were in was near Dad's study, where Dad and Luke were talking about my case. They wouldn't let Ashton or I join the discussion, so we had to eavesdrop.

"Shh, the maid just left!" I said.

"Okay, so Luke, how's the case?" Dad asked.

"Well, let's put it this way, there aren't actual evidence on their side."

"The bottle-"

"The bottle does not prove anything. You see, the report came out this morning, there are no traces of Venetia in the bottle. The bottle was merely a bottle uses to contain Venetia, but it can also be found in a lot of places. Also, the video tape showing a Brianna-look-alike-girl burying the bottle? Her face was never shown."

"Hmm, you're right. But that's not the only thing against her, right?"

"Correct. But if the other side insists with strong points, the bottle cnt still mean something. However, she has an alibi though, for both when Cordelia passed away and when the bottle was buried. She was on the road when Cordelia passed away and she was with her horse when the bottle was buried.

"The other side will bound to use the theory though, the theory suggested. How she did all these to get all those stuff, now that might be harder to-"

"What if someone else confesses? Or the real one is caught."

"But Sean, no one knows who did it. The person did it so well that he's still a free man."

"Urgh!" Dad slapped his hand on the table.

"Time's up. My turn." Ashton whispered. I rolled my eyes and went to lie on the bed.

"I know, I know. We're trying our best, trying to prove her innocent."

"How about the witnesses? Who are you going to call?" Dad sighed, rubbing his face.

"Yes, I have to talk to you about that. Brianna's gonna be called, obviously. Cara, her maid, too, for proving how she didn't add poison to the soup. A bunch of other related people, here's the list."

"Yeah. Wait... Ashton?" Dad asked.

Ashton looked at me, I shrugged.

"Yes, that's why we have to talk." Luke began.

"No, Ashton's not gonna be a witness. One of my children's already dragged into this, not the other as well."

"But, you see- Ashton is the perfect witness. He was there with Cordelia, every week! If Brianna was going to do something like that, wouldn't Ashton know? Obviously, she couldn't do these alone."

"I'm not-"

"Listen." Luke said in a hard voice. "Ashton is the perfect witness, especially if they decide to use the theory. Ashton will only be called if this happens, okay? We need him. Most of people don't believe Brianna is innocent, but weirdly your son's still one of the public's favorite Sherfila boy. They might be believe him on this too. I watched these two grow up, they're like my own children. I don't want to see them in harm. But this is safe okay? This is alright." Both Dad and Luke were silent.

"I'll think about it." Dad finally said. Ashton made a gesture with his fingers, telling me they were leaving. I was about to unlock the door when I heard Dad ask a question.

"Luke, be honest, what are our chances of winning?"

"We're trying our best. It's all up to the people, the jury."

I turned away, unlocked the door and slipped quietly back into my room.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Author's Notes

Hiiiiii:)

Jason's back!! Jianna's back!! They're in love!♡

Do you think Ashton will be allowed to be called as a witness? O.o

Another short chapter, sorry.

It's like very very late here and I'm supposed to be sleeping, but I have a sudden burst of energy to, I don't know, read and finish a new book lol

Random Song: Lollipop by Treblemakers in Pitch Perfect

Please vote and comment! They mean a lot.

~Bethia♡