"I should have brought an extra sanitiser and cleaner." Disgust rang in Cordula's tone. "I'll need my carbon spectrometer to analyze these remains. It's back on the H.E.A.T seeker." Elsie said as she pulled out a folder. "Continue your investigation. I will retrieve your equipment." Monique said as she began to walk out of the shack. All this time, she had been feeling uneasy. The feeling of being watched never gone away. It just seemed to be increasing.

"Whatever yo say, boss." Elsie replied lowly with a small glare. At some times, Cordula wasn't sure if the two women hated each other or just tolerated their presence.

***

"Hey, Elsie ... You might wanna take a look at this." Cordula called out as she handed a few notes that talked about DNA and genetics. The problem was that these notes talked about being able to manipulate the DNA structures to create any living thing with no limit.

"Either this guy was mad before or just downright insane." Cordula stated as she placed the noted right beside Elsie, who was busy gawking at a bizarre looking creature preserved in a jar. "This is amazing." Elsie noted when she skimmed the notes before looking back at the creature. "Three different species moulded into one entity. It's not simply a mutation. It's an entirely new creature." Mendel could not help but comment at the absurdity of it all.

"What kind of twisted mind would intentionally make such a bizarre life form?" Randy looked at the doctor from his mini computer and could not help the quip. "Let's ask your parents." Mendel glared at Randy, not liking it one bit.

From the far end, Nick entered a small door that contained liquid looking blobs of grey. He rubbed them between his finger with a contemplating look on his face before bringing some back for Elsie to test it out.

***

Finding a microscope in a lab is easy. Finding if it still works is another thing.

The blob Nick had given to Elsie was carefully placed under the microscope as Cordula shined her flashlight on the small mirror under the microscope to reflect light.

"What is it?" Nick asked after waiting for a moment. "I'm not sure, but if this microscope still works...Cordula, move the light a little." Cordula let her arm holding the light be used as a puppet as Elsie tried to see what was in this blob.

Randy made some more tinkering on his mini computer before he found himself on line with the old tech. He gave himself a pat in the back. "I give you the undisputed: Hacker of the Amazon." Randy said with his arms raised up in the air in celebration.

Nick walked over to Randy. "What have you got?" Randy opened the files, and his face changed to one of disgust. "Talk about your dry reading; The manipulation and creation of Deoxyribonucleic acid."

Mendel laughed at the words. "Pft, you can't create DNA." Mendel said but was cut off by Elsie as she said lowly, "Wanna bet?" If they could see her eyes, they would have noticed how narrowed it already is as Elsie finished checking the blob.

"This stuff is pure DNA. A genetically clean slate. If that barrel was full of this stuff. It would be like a massive clay waiting to be moulded."

"Into what?" Nick asked. Elsie looked at Nick dead in the eye. "Whatever living thing it wants." Cordula gasped before she ran back to where Nick had found the blob and spotted the container lying flat on the ground.

"Guys, I have a crazy idea. What if this barrel used to hold that much amount of blob. Where do you think the rest went?"

Nick's eyes went wide when his gaze landed on the open forest outside the shack.

"Monique..."

"You guys wait here, Nick and I will be back with Monique." Cordula jumped up, pulling Nick along. He raised a brow in wonder. "If that thing could turn into anything it wants. Who's to say it won't look like any of us? Better go with a group or partner."