The heart-shattering past

WRITER'S POV

Marvin walked downstairs to the living room with a zip in his hand, he had picked up the zip earlier where Dylan told him he saw the girl's body and her family were wailing on her dead body. He was so lost in his thought of who the murderer could be that he hit the Bobs then the zip fell to the floor. Before Marvin could pick the zip up Bobs already picked it up.

"This zip!" Bobs said. "The zip, what happens to zip do you by chance buy it for someone or yourself?" Marvin asked him. "No, I bought it for someone" he replied. "Can you tell me who you bought it for?" Marvin asked. "No, I will not until you promise to go on a date with me," Bobs said while Marvin opened his mouth surprised. "Oh you are man so let's cancel it then. I indeed bought it but I cannot remember who I bought it for. Don't worry once I remember I will tell you" Bobs said as he laughed like a kid and walked away dancing.

Marvin shook his head irritated by Bob's behavior, "Is it because of his sickness that he is saying rubbish or what, I can't even imagine doing that with him. So I have to find out who he gave this to?" Marvin said as he looked at the zip carefully.

Marvin heard noises coming from the rooftop as soon as he mounted the stairs "That sounds like Dylan and Dipsi, what's happening over there". He hurried over there and saw them both arguing. "And will you just continue to punish yourself over what happened that night, tell me what is it?" Dipsi shouted at Dylan. "I will tell you" Marvin answered as he walked closer. "That night was just like this night, a full moon night which is more important than anything else for the merfolk. But that night a dark story had unfolded instead. I, Dylan, our younger sister, two of our aunts, our paternal uncle, our friend, father, and mother had gone to the Merfolk palace right here on land to crown me as the Isnamerman. Father's time was closing in on him so it was time for him to rest and I took over, Dylan always wanted to live an ordinary life far from all this. Father had always promised and also promised on that night that he would fulfill Dylan's wish and get him married to a nice girl" Marvin said as he got teary-eyed, Dylan took his seat as tears prickled down his cheeks.

"So, that time we... we... we..." Marvin stammered on his words. "Yes, what happened after that?" Dipsi asked but Dylan stood up suddenly. "That's enough, what is your problem precisely, must you know about everything that you that is not meant to be shared? I am warning you both that no one should talk about this issue again" he said angrily as he left.

"I don't know why he is so hesitant about not going there but you are his brother, Marvin, will you let him lose his life?" Dipsi asked with concern written all over her face. "I will not let that happen at all cost, I have to save him and I know just the perfect way to. It wouldn't be better than this same night, the full moon" Marvin said as he and Dipsi both gazed at the moon high above.

*******
Dylan was in deep sleep after the hectic day but suddenly he stood up from the bed as he held his head. "That's Marvin's voice, why is he calling me when he is in tears," Dylan said as he looked around "But where is the sound coming from?" He said as he closed his eyes to concentrate "How come! What is he doing there and what if the same incident happens to him?" he said as he rushed out of the room.

Dylan looked at the building in front of him, his breathing could be heard from far off. He looked so scared as he took every step towards the building, he finally got to the door then he opened it and images flashed through his memory. Images that he should not try to recollect but they are right in front of him. He could still hear Marvin's faint voice from the house, he closed his eyes as he stretched his left leg in and opened his eyes before letting the other foot in.

He gasped as he entered, he walked in slowly looking around like someone who was lost. He looked up and saw Marvin coming downstairs, he looked and saw Dipsi walking closely behind with the calabash in her hand. "Dylan I am so sorry, I had to do this to make sure you come here. You also know it is forbidden to go out with this herb" Marvin as they come face-to-face with Dylan. "Brother you lied to make me enter this place when you know how I do not want to enter it. How come you forgot so soon?" he asked.