Love comes with an affection

STILL ON DORIS' POV

"Tell me, what is your truth? what are you hiding from everyone?" I shouted and shook him vehemently but his body temperature was something else, so hot. "Dylan Dylan, what's wrong?" I asked but no reply came from him. "Why is your body so hot, talk to me" I urged him to say something but no word came from his mouth, his eyes closed shut as he fell on my shoulders.

I laid him down on the bed as I rubbed his hands and foot but his hands were still got. I touched his head as well, there was nothing I could do now than to remove the cloth on him which was wet. I grabbed his arm as I opted to take off his shirt but he gripped my hand and pushed me off. "what were you trying to do?" Dylan asked. "What do you mean by that, you were hot and the cloth you were putting on was cold so I was going to take it off" I answered.

"Just tell me what you were about to do?, you were about to take advantage of me weren't you?" he asked again. "what a wife should do was all I did" I answered him back as I stood from the bed. "see I only care about you and don't want you to get hurt, so that does not mean you can to me in that manner," I said as I entered the toilet in a rush leaving him sitting like a fool but that made me happy a little.

DYLAN'S POV

I walked to the rooftop of the house slowly as my past had been eating me up since I had that poison in me thinking I would not survive. The echoes of their cries and their screams remained fresh in my head. Dipsi and Marvin came and sat beside me and cared about me with concerns boldly written on their faces.

"Isnamerman, I know you are also scared but it is high time to face the reality, that which I don't know of has happened already and you have to look forward to what the future holds. The poison in your body is so strong that it may be harmful to your body, and you may lose your life after three days. We have to get it out" Dipsi explained but I don't want to hear anything about that night.

"Enough, I don't want to hear anything about that night again, it is enough, and now my past", I said, "It is already your past why can't you face it?" Dipsi added. "Now let us all go there," she said. "Dipsi you cannot understand anything that has happened, that night was a scary tense, and unforgettable experience for Imeand Dylan. It would be better if we close the topic" Marvin supported my decision while I walked away.

I entered the room and I met Doris seated on the bed, I joined her by keeping to the left side which I had always slept on. "Dylan tell me what is wrong with you. You have not been like this before always looking for ways and opportunities to fight with me but you are not doing that which is making me feel tensed. I am afraid will you just talk to me" she said, I refused to reply as I was lost in my thoughts, I don't care about anyone nor should anyone disturb my peace I just want to be alone.

She touched my face and I wanted to push her off but there was something else that kept my hands down, I was sick there was nothing I could do about it. She turned and knelt beside me as she gazed into my eyes, I looked up and returned the look as we both maintained eye contact. She stood up suddenly and entered the bathroom, shortly after she came out with a bowl of water in hand.

She sat beside me and started removing my clothes. This time around, I couldn't stop her because deep down I was happy she cared about me even after I had wiped her memory of us. She made me lay on the bed as she removed all my clothes with my boxer remaining. I closed my eyes immediately, then I felt the cold towel touch my body as I twigged. "Just be calm or else I will stop", she said and it was just like a command to me. I stopped afterward and held my breath as she used the towel to wipe my body from my head down to my toes.

After she was done, she placed the towel on my forehead and I opened my eyes gently. "Thank you" I whispered to her while she stared at me and beamed a smile instead of talking to me and that annoyed me a little. I smiled though then she walked into the bathroom again with the bowl in her hand. She came out immediately and went out of the room which made me wonder what had happened to her that made her behave in such a way.